Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Yes

I'm downloading to a hard drive, and then copying all the files including the hidden ones to a USB stick, but not the outer folder, last time that meant there were 4 items on the USB, this time I only have 3?
This is how my stick looks after the files copied over. I picked it up and updated in the car automatically.

·
Registered
191 Posts
This is what I get (PC not Mac) extracting the downloaded file to the root of a USB stick:

The "HU" folder is 25.8GB in size. It's made up of ten subfolders which contain 36 files.

There is no file called "EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210513". That's the version number displayed by the head unit after installation of this update.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Still having a problem with this update, the same as the previous one, on entering a large city (Happens in London and Birmingham so far) The map grinds to a halt, the refresh rate drops to almost nothing, and the Speed Display on the SatNav screen lags up to 15 seconds behind actual.

Only seems to happen in these large urban areas, not sure if its the amount of data on the map POIs or the 3D Buildings on screen. But its making the SatNav unusable for city driving having to switch out to apple maps to get it working

·
Registered
585 Posts
Still having a problem with this update, the same as the previous one, on entering a large city (Happens in London and Birmingham so far) The map grinds to a halt, the refresh rate drops to almost nothing, and the Speed Display on the SatNav screen lags up to 15 seconds behind actual.

Only seems to happen in these large urban areas, not sure if its the amount of data on the map POIs or the 3D Buildings on screen. But its making the SatNav unusable for city driving having to switch out to apple maps to get it working
What happens if you take it off 3D, does it behave normally?

·
Registered
131 Posts

I would untick the option for 3D Buildings. It must use a fair bit of memory and be slowing the mapping image.

·
Registered
585 Posts
This is what I get (PC not Mac) extracting the downloaded file to the root of a USB stick:
View attachment 144879
The "HU" folder is 25.8GB in size. It's made up of ten subfolders which contain 36 files.

There is no file called "EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210513". That's the version number displayed by the head unit after installation of this update.
Have you managed to get it installed yet? "EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210513" is the name of the compressed volume. Have you tried SCANDISK on the USB stick in case you have a bad memory address, or tried a different USB stick?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have you managed to get it installed yet? "EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210513" is the name of the compressed volume. Have you tried SCANDISK on the USB stick in case you have a bad memory address, or tried a different USB stick?
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought @Intranicity was saying, after extraction, there was a filed called that.

If your question was intended for me: I installed the latest update yesterday without any issues.

·
Registered
131 Posts
A backward step in this update? In phone contacts the option add a favourite contact. The favourites option has been removed. So now I have to scroll all the way down to find Zara.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Regarding the lag experienced by some, I imagine this process is not much different to flashing ROMs on mobile phones.

Sometimes I've flashed a ROM and it's resulted in choppy or laggy performance. I've then reset it and flashed the same file using the same process and got a much better experience.

What I'm saying basically is that there's probably a number of best practice steps we could follow that would give the best results.What they are I don't know and of course I could be wrong.

Perhaps a factory reset before and/or after a flashing would give better performance? Not ideal I know but I think I might try that if I get any more problems. Ive certainly had a few less than ideal occasions with the instructions and HUD not updating correctly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had an odd problem with my 2021 Kona today. I pressed the parking camera while driving and then could not turn it off until I restarted the car. The button then just toggled between the camera with guidelines, and without the lines. No amount of other button presses could reset it to the satnav, menu, or media screen.

Anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Updated.

Nice to see that when filtering charging networks in or out on the map you can now select the major UK networks, Ionity, Polar, Instavolt etc

Not had a detailed play yet but it seems the charger locations have been updated with more added. Hopefully this will become a more regular occurrence as the networks expand quickly.
I take it this comment is for the May update - just looking for the charging network filtering selection - where is it accessed?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I take it this comment is for the May update - just looking for the charging network filtering selection - where is it accessed?
Yes

NAV button

POI Catagory push

EV Charging Stations Push

Filter Push

Long list you can select and deselect

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Richard, thats brilliant - thank you very much for that detailed step-by-step explanation with pictures - will try here ASAP.
No problem

the April and May updated both added Lots so let’s hope that keeps happening

the good news it’s still the same gen5 W unit running the ioniq 5 as well as the Kia’s so it should get development for some time to come

101 - 120 of 129 Posts