Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Works fine following your explanation - greatly appreciated - as ever your hints and tips for the Kona over the years have been of great value to me and I'm sure to many others...
No problem glad it worked,

no expertise here just following the instructions from those with a lot more grey cells and tech savvy than me.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Does AA work in widescreen mode with these updates?
Yes and No

You can do splitscreen so you can have your Tiles from the car info system on the right side and AA on the left, so no not full screen but you no longer have the annoying wasted space with the AA Logo

So instead of.

You can have

Or any other tile you fancy from the scroll through list

·
Registered
30 Posts
As the Kona has Krell audio with centre speaker, subwoofer etc, is there any way to play 5.1 surround audio?

The reason is that I'm a massive fan of Steven Wilson / Porcupine tree stuff and the mixes of his albums in 5.1. (as well as 5.1 remixes for other bands like Jethro Tull, Tears for Fears, XTC) The sound on my home cinema system is incredibly immersive so I'd love to have the same in the car, but it would mean somehow transferring the DTS encoded audio from DVD-A / BD to my iPhone or an USB memory stick and then have the car audio decode it correctly.

I've not found anything in the audio settings that would suggest it, so assume its not possible. :(

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
As the Kona has Krell audio with centre speaker, subwoofer etc, is there any way to play 5.1 surround audio?

The reason is that I'm a massive fan of Steven Wilson / Porcupine tree stuff and the mixes of his albums in 5.1. (as well as 5.1 remixes for other bands like Jethro Tull, Tears for Fears, XTC) The sound on my home cinema system is incredibly immersive so I'd love to have the same in the car, but it would mean somehow transferring the DTS encoded audio from DVD-A / BD to my iPhone or an USB memory stick and then have the car audio decode it correctly.

I've not found anything in the audio settings that would suggest it, so assume its not possible. :(
no it seems that Hyundai just use the centre speaker as a fill, there is some processing going on as the centre front is used a lot in the concert hall DSP but apart from that it’s not used much

Not used it with video yet I think there was some mention of t working as a proper 5.1 on video from USB but not tried as it’s fussy about the video formats it will play and my entire library is in mkv which it turns its nose up at

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
No problem glad it worked,

no expertise here just following the instructions from those with a lot more grey cells and tech savvy than me.
Have you come across the low indicated values for ECO diving history with this May update? - there are a number of reports now...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Have you come across the low indicated values for ECO diving history with this May update? - there are a number of reports now...
Glad you asked, I had not though to check,

My last update was on the 19th May.. In the evening after the days driving, So I think the answer is a definite YES

4.5 on the 19th Before Update
2.7 on the 20th After Update

·
Registered
585 Posts
I thought it was just me because I've got a problem with the modem which might have been affecting it. Booked in for Monday to get it fixed. If I get a chance to speak to one of the techs, I'll ask.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts