Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for one of these for a while now, with no luck. Not sure if the Leaf can tow officially, but am not a fan of that car, and would prefer something a tiny bit shorter if poss.

EV News rides again! has a tantalising mention, that the Citroen e-C4 might at last manage this?
See here, at 3mins 56 secs in, where there's a quick listing of options you can get.
EV News rides again!
but I'm suspicious that, as the C4 will be available in ICE form as well, that this my be a slight slip-up, and that, like Peugeot & Hyundai Ionics, the towing capability will be unavailable on the pure EV version.

What do you think? The Citroen Configurator doesn't yet have the e-C4 in it ...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've been looking for one of these for a while now, with no luck. Not sure if the Leaf can tow officially, but am not a fan of that car, and would prefer something a tiny bit shorter if poss.

EV News rides again! has a tantalising mention, that the Citroen e-C4 might at last manage this?
See here, at 3mins 56 secs in, where there's a quick listing of options you can get.
EV News rides again!
but I'm suspicious that, as the C4 will be available in ICE form as well, that this my be a slight slip-up, and that, like Peugeot & Hyundai Ionics, the towing capability will be unavailable on the pure EV version.

What do you think? The Citroen Configurator doesn't yet have the e-C4 in it ...
I saw a review of the e-C4 that said safety functions included trailer stability, but like you I suspect this was just a copy and paste from the ICE C4 spec.
Hopefully at some point at least one manufacturer will take pity on us, otherwise I will be staying with the GTE.
Corsa-e cannot tow, but Vivaro-e van can (reportedly same running gear)
ID3 cannot tow, but it is being reported that ID4 will be able to (same MEB platform)
Next gen Astra / E308...?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts