Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In support of Just an Update on My Charging Issues....

For this meetup I think the goal is to attempt to test as many cars as possible against the cooling fault. Not only that but to do so in an organised way to present any evidence (or lack of evidence) to Hyundai. This means matching as far as possible the scenario replicated by @stageshoot.

So details to be recorded, car reg, screenshot of software system. Ambient temperature. Battery & coolant temperatures, before during and after charging (using Torquepro or similar), SOC. As well as date/time of events. (Others may have other suggestions of key details worth recording. Also some people with good experience of TorquePro might be helpful to ensure any logs / screenshots are set up as identical as possible.)

As to practicalities. Ideally charging from 20 to 80%. Ideally starting at arrival time because that's when charging would normally happen. So far Peterborough has been suggested as a venue. If there are more of us than charging stations, one person can charge when another finishes and we'll have to live with that. In fact people rolling up in a staggered way might help some people make it.

Ideally someone clued up on videoing the event would be useful. Someone with a channel on youtube perhaps, and not involved as a test subject.

Core to this is when stageshoot can make it (if he's not completely sick of the whole shebang!) I think we fit around his timing.

PS: I tend to overthink things! So please say so if you think I am making too much of this.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
For anyone who feels setting up TorquePro is a bit daunting with installing PIDs etc, I would point you towards the Car Scanner App on Android, the basic version is free there is a Pro version for 3 quid that allows you to have more pages of setting but the basic version is fine.

you can customise the pages, I have set it up with the main page as per the screenshot, with the temps customised to go red above a set limit.. Its nice and easy, a good little android app

But EVNotify is still my favorite as it Graphs the entire charge session and uploads the results to a webpage so you can see the entire history of the charge.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Car Scanner also records all sensors visible on screen and stores them in Data recording. Data can be read as graphs later, or exported as csv

However, Car Scanner does not record all 150 parameters of battery and car - but only sensors displayed on screen, so keep the Car Scanner display open while charging or driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts