Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 44 mile EV range I guess it could be a popular company car as it attracts just 6% BIK. Not everyone can or wants to stop and charge for 30+ mins.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Doesn't sound good to me, but as usual I'm not the target market. All just a way of delaying the inevitable move away from ICE at the expense of maintainability. Of course MB never get reliability wrong. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I wouldn't get another PHEV or REX as even the Zoe works for me these days. However they are useful for people nervous of charging. Outside of Tesla supercharging it is still a bit "wild west" out there with so many different charging networks, a lot of unreliability and not every rapid taking contactless. Being late for an important customer visit "because I had problems charging" wouldn't go down well with ones manager.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
It would be very enlightening to see the data that no doubt the manufacturers hold as to how often these cars are plugged in to charge, and how often they are mainly used as "self-charging" hybrids. I suspect ownership splits between those on here who would use them to avoid dino juice as much as possible, and those that just get them for the BIK reduction and (for whatever reason) rarely plug them in. And for both groups how often they actually go beyond the range of a BEV with a similar total weight and cost drive system (in this case I'd guess around the 50kWh mark).

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
8 years later and we've got something perhaps almost as good as an Ampera/Volt in most cases.
In a different sector (PHEV rather than REx), dodgy styling, questionable reliability, probably less dealer support, ..... hmmm :unsure:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
In a different sector (PHEV rather than REx), dodgy styling, questionable reliability, probably less dealer support, ..... hmmm :unsure:
I'm unsure which vehicle you're attributing those comments too. The Ampera is very reliable, but does have appalling dealer support. When they both do similar EV and ICE range, the Rex/PHEV argument is almost null.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts