Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
558 Posts
Nice, but with a range of just 90 miles its a grave disappointment!
So BMW, VW and now Mercedes - short range, high prices and low, low availability!
We still own a Mercedes, but it feels such a dinosaur - but we will not be trading it, for a B-Class!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Hmm I agree 90 miles is slightly disappointing. It would suit some people living in the city etc. But to win these EV skeptics over it needs more range!

For me, three years after the release of the Leaf you would have thought they would have pushed the boat out a bit and also released say a 40kWh as well as the 28kWh?

We really need an affordable (sub £30k) quality EV that can do 120-150 miles easily on a full charge!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Seems to be the industry standard, someone had to break ranks with maybe 150 miles. That's not too much to ask, Shirley?
Do you think Nissan will do this with a 40-48kWh 2015 Leaf? ☺

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I can do 130 miles in summer but only 98 in winter. That's all motorway driving at about 57/60mph I know it's slow driving at that speed but I'm never in a rush.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
as an industry car makers only seem to iterate rather than really evolve, its going to take a lot of generations of evs from the established car makers before we get cars that we really consider the equal of their ICE cars.

On the way they will have to work out a business model to re-coup the money they lose in spares and servicing otherwise that money has to go up front on the sticker price.

Only companies without an antiquated business model can push this industry in a direction it does not want to go, Tesla are doing it but it really needs another 2 or 3 companies pushing the boundaries to get some momentum going.

If the b class would have come with a 48kw battery I would have bought one in a heart beat and we would be a 2 ev family but for now I need to hang onto the diesel , cant get my 3 dogs in the leaf and sure as hell wont be putting them in the model S when it comes :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts