Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that this is OK to post, and hoping @TonyWilliams will see this and give us updates on the progress of the JdeMO socket conversion for the B Class!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Wow, that would be great for those cars. It’s a shame that they didn’t come with it in the first place, I’m sure they would have sold more (although did they really want to).

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm sure @TonyWilliams will be along to clarify but please remember his DC charging proposition is for US vehicles with the single phase charger ONLY.

My understanding (and I'm very happy to be corrected!) is that the European 3 phase cars are out of scope. I'd just hate to see excitement from the European guys when this is simply not going to happen this side of the pond.

Hopefully Tony will be along soon. :)

·
Premium Member
10,190 Posts
I'm sure @TonyWilliams will be along to clarify but please remember his DC charging proposition is for US vehicles with the single phase charger ONLY.
Why would the AC charger type impact the JdeMO as it connects directly to the DC battery?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Why would the AC charger type impact the JdeMO as it connects directly to the DC battery?
Because we don't have a car to test in sunny San Diego county, California.

So, US based cars will be first, and they must be able to be delivered to our shop in San Diego for the prototype equipment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
3000$... :eek: maybe better to replace MB with Ioniq or leaf.. Anyway my dealer (in Norway) said I will loose battery guarantee if install that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
3000$... :eek: maybe better to replace MB with Ioniq or leaf.. Anyway my dealer (in Norway) said I will loose battery guarantee if install that.
that did bother me until i saw all the Tesla charging data this is available... these battery packs are so well thermally managed that i have no worries about my pack lasting well over the 7 year battery warranty.

Tesla Model S battery life: what the data show so far

·
Registered
10 Posts
that did bother me until i saw all the Tesla charging data this is available... these battery packs are so well thermally managed that i have no worries about my pack lasting well over the 7 year battery warranty.

Tesla Model S battery life: what the data show so far
I will not risk, I don't beleive that much in Tesla's technology, they are not trouble-free ... I will wait for Leaf 60kW :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I will not risk, I don't beleive that much in Tesla's technology, they are not trouble-free ... I will wait for Leaf 60kW :)
afraid that the Leaf 2 or maybe even 3 still wont look after its power storage as well as Tesla's do... they really do have the industry leading battery power and thermal management. Even if it is at the cost of a little range.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts