Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
30C4B943-2580-4516-9670-4D704058CBE7.jpeg

23A927D5-F43F-4348-8FE2-C3B31069A4E6.jpeg

39B9289D-CF1B-4E05-BB31-DA6C0FCB1A3B.jpeg

We arrived at our destination with enough range to return to the charge station in Mission Viejo, before returning home. Today’s trip was 175 miles (282 km) total.

There were two slow charge stations at our destination, for a parking garage that holds 1500 vehicles. Needless to say, we didn’t get to use one of the two.

·
Registered
473 Posts
237813AE-4D09-4924-8D5B-FD14C6636861.jpeg

9B224DA7-2941-466E-B8A0-7FC982380B7F.jpeg

E61D00B1-B11D-4BEA-B052-11AB51D5A6FA.jpeg

After a half day at the convention, we picked up a customer’s RAV4 EV to drive back to our shop for a JdeMO™ installation, plus an onboard vehicle charger repair. The cabin heater failed also! We will get it all repaired for its owner.

We ate at the Cheesecake Factory while the Mercedes charged for slightly over an hour. It was fully charged for the final 75 mile (120 km) journey to my house. When I selected reset, the GOM displayed 97 miles (156 km).

·
Registered
154 Posts
any update on when this will be available for delivery to the UK?

can you not replace the Mercedes Grill badge with a hinged one so the charging can be done by opening the badge?

·
Registered
473 Posts
any update on when this will be available for delivery to the UK?

can you not replace the Mercedes Grill badge with a hinged one so the charging can be done by opening the badge?
If you purchased now, we will ship in 6-8 weeks. We should have the paid deposit back-log complete by then.

You are welcome to put the charge port any place that you wish to on the car. We do not get involved in auto body work. I can tell you that not a single one of the HUNDREDS of JdeMO units in the 2012-2014 Toyota RAV4 EV has the inlet in any different location... they are ALL under the hood / bonnet. It’s easy and convenient.

Mercedes B-Class ED / B250e

·
Registered
473 Posts
Two things to reiterate:

1) Don’t drive slow, unless you need to extend the range. The car charges fast with JdeMO, so that you don’t have to drive slow. A good “rule of thumb” is that the typical 50kW or 100kW public DC fast charger will add 2 miles / 3 km per minute.

2) Don’t fully charge the battery while enroute. Just charge for 30-45 minutes to add enough energy to get to the next charge DC fast charge station, or to arrive at your destination.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Tony,
Could we have an update on any JdeMO orders for the Mercedes B Class from the UK, please? I would be interested but I don't know who might install it in the Manchester UK area?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hi Tony,
Could we have an update on any JdeMO orders for the Mercedes B Class from the UK, please? I would be interested but I don't know who might install it in the Manchester UK area?
I will post the installation instructions soon, so that may aid you in finding a local installation technician.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you very much for the instructions. I just need to find someone who might be able to do the job before ordering. Would it be possible to show a few more pictures of the description of the work?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I will have all the pictures in the next release of the instructions, coming soon. The draft copy of the instructions should be enough to help you get a quote for the installation. It should take 4 hours, however, the first time doing the work may be double that time.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Thank you very much for the instructions. I just need to find someone who might be able to do the job before ordering. Would it be possible to show a few more pictures of the description of the work?
Gunter, I'd suggest heading south from your location and going to visit Mike @ Indra. His team has experience of working with the voltages involved and has the necessary 2 post lift etc. He probably even has a 22kW Chademo in the workshop to juice you back up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There is a person on the east coast of the U.S. that is driving a Toyota RAV4 EV (same setup as the MB) with the JdeMO installed and doing well it would seem. He also has another RAV4 battery pack he pulls on a low profile trailer that is connected into the whole lot for basically double the range. It's quite impressive.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Richie, I understand from a conversation with Matt Cleevely of Cleevely Motors in Cheltenham that he will soon be licensed to fit the jdemo to UK b250e's. My concern remains the impact of fitting this upgrade on the battery warranty from MB! Also of course the cost! PH
It’ll be interesting to see what price it’ll be to fit, it’s around £2,800 including VAT I believe - would it be about 2-3 hours work?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm one of the deposit holders and I have paid the balance just waiting for delivery.
Any news on when it will be delivered? And will you be fitting it yourself or have you lined up a garage to do it?

Currently juggling options to switch from an outlander PHEV to something full EV and smaller, looks and battery deg put me off the usual first EV choice of a leaf/zoe/Soul but although the 60-80 mile range of the B-Class is plenty for my work commute (10 miles each way) its the few times I might have to travel further and I wouldn't have rapid charging which stop me pulling the trigger...

Price wise looks like the B-class is going for around £15-16k for a 2016 model, so if it costs another £3k for Rapid Charging my man maths suggest that's quite good for a premium smaller car compared to a 2016 Kia (14-15k) and 30kwh Leaf (14-15k) even if they have 10-20 miles slightly better range, just curious if the costs are right and who can do it here in the UK (am Berkshire Based)

101 - 120 of 148 Posts