Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
5) Drop in new cable from the JdeMO™ assembly. This may be easier with two people; one person (with long arms) to route the cable and the other to hold the assembly

·
Registered
473 Posts

Dropping the JdeMO™ cable down towards the high voltage battery. Pictured is a 2014 car, which has the GEN1 Tesla hardware. All cars in Europe should have GEN2 Tesla hardware, which doesn’t have that aluminum box and orange cables on the side of the Tesla Onboard Vehicle Charger. They get in the way a bit.

·
Registered
473 Posts
6) Pull the JdeMO™ cable through from the bottom. The black locking mechanism needs to be closed to fit through here, or removed.

·
Registered
473 Posts
8) Plug in the High Voltage cable connectors (3 total)

9) Plug in High Voltage Interlock connector

10) Bolt in cable bracket

11) Complete junction box mounting, and tidy up cables with clamps and zip ties

12) Replace underbody panels

13) Bolt in JdeMO™ assembly (three M8 volts)

14) Plug low voltage external harness into Tesla Onboard Vehicle Charger

15) Plug 12 volt power source into fuse box

16) Replace High Voltage Interlock

17) Replace 12 volt battery

18) Test car at CHAdeMO charge station

·
Registered
473 Posts
As the earlier B-Class are now outside of their warranty, do you think there will ever be a "range plus plus" hack that opens up the whole 35kwh battery? It would be for usage as infrequently as possible but would help to add on the extra 11 miles or so
A “range plus plus” (is it 1984 again?) would require a bit of effort! I’m not sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I assumed it was much more involved or daunting, but these photos sure do clarify what is going on a bit more. A video on Youtube would probably be ideal to show the steps involved. I have a 2014 B, on the east coast though so I'd have to do the install here locally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Karlo, i have the same problem :-( I live in finland so in winter outside temp can be -30celsius.. In this winter my plan is to install ethanol webasto or eberspächer to the car..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Karlo, i have the same problem :-( I live in finland so in winter outside temp can be -30celsius.. In this winter my plan is to install ethanol webasto or eberspächer to the car..
Hi Jyyra,

You might want to check these tips form Goingelectric https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=30069. Basically two improvements, isolate the Heater pipes and keep the cool air out of the Car when driving. It is all in German but there are many online translaters out there to help.
The page is a good source for many topics. e.g. the topic about how to add a trailer hitch ...

Please keep me posted concering your Ethanol heater. Would also be good to learn how you did it, and how you got it approved and added to your Car papers. I don't know the requirements in Finland but in Germany we would need to get blessing during a technical inspection of the Car.

It's of topic in this thread you might want to consider openeing a new one ...

There is enough interest... I guess :)

Enjoy your silent drive ...

141 - 151 of 151 Posts