Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wow, the journo really doesn't like electric cars, doesn't understand the tech, saying the tanks hold liquid hydrogen. Most of the reports says it takes 10 minutes to fill with Hydrogen, he says 3. He mentions how long it takes to charge a Tesla at home but neglects rapid chargersHe says electric cars get far more support than Hydrogen but forgets to mention that it costs vastly more to install hydrogen filling stations. No mention of the costs of FCV's relative EV's.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Most of them don't even know that FCs produce electricity, and therefore FCEVs (clue is in the title..) are in fact electric...

Muppets.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Some do. I do. I suspect that hydrogen infrastructure will be in place before they put on road charging infrastructure in my village in rural Cambridgeshire. So I’ll be a likely customer of this tech.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Some do. I do. I suspect that hydrogen infrastructure will be in place before they put on road charging infrastructure in my village in rural Cambridgeshire. So I’ll be a likely customer of this tech.
That's because you've got enough brains to sign up to an EV forum ;)

A cursory glance at Twitter shows a lot of people "hate electric cars but hydrogen is better than electric" or similar.
As far as infrastructure goes, that is the chicken and egg that EVs had prior to Tesla and Nissan/Ecotricity. The issue is, H2 fuelling infrastructure is an order of magnitude too expensive. Not even Shell are willing to pay for it - so it falls to the taxpayer.

Until recently I worked next door to ITM in Sheffield, and though they were busy, every electrolyser that was shipped had an EU funding flag on it....and were only good for a handful of cars a day. To even approach the infrastructure needed to run the small number of EVs on our roads today will costs billions.

I think the ship is sailing on FCEVs.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Until recently I worked next door to ITM in Sheffield, and though they were busy, every electrolyser that was shipped had an EU funding flag on it....and were only good for a handful of cars a day. To even approach the infrastructure needed to run the small number of EVs on our roads today will costs billions.
By the sounds of it their order backlog is bigger than ever. If anything the grant allocations aren’t slowing down!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts