Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought a 2017 Mercedes C350e from Cargiant a fortnight ago. After a lot of debate they provided a Type 2 charging cable that connects to an EV charging point. One of the websites that I cam across suggests that when bought new, C350e is also supplied as a standard with a separate charging cable connecting to a domestic 3 Pin electricity socket. However, Cargiant are refusing to provide one.

Does anyone here knows whether this is common practice, i.e. C350e supplied with only one charging cable? As a newbie would appreciate guidance from more experienced Plug-in owners to help me decide whether I should push the company harder.

Thanks

Satish

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Hi Satish,

If it comes with a 3 pin cable then yes you should get it, but only if the car was advertised as "as-new". If it was "sold as seen" you are stuck - but ask again, and get a quote for a replacement from Mercedes and maybe ask Cargiant for a refund to cover your costs.

Also; as the car has less than 20 miles electric range, please consider your fellow drivers when plugging in at a public charge point - if you don't absolutely need to charge, please let pure electric drivers do so :)

Cheers
Ed

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Semantics, but the 3 pin plug "cable" is actually a portable EVSE and does not have to be Mercedes specific or branded. In fact you will find cheaper elsewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts