Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to the EV adventure, now driving Merc EQA 250 Prem Plus which is great, been driving Merc's a few years
also got the new Hypervolt 2.0 home charge installed 23rd August about 3hours install, with Alexa enabled only provides a few features, not explored fully
but you can ask Alexa, open my hypervolt - then Current Charge Status or enable Schedule Charging... reduce brightness
and Modes on the LED's on the Hypervolt unit itself... can Lock and Unlock from Iphone App, Automated Load Charging and Optimal for Solar,
which i am having installed on 15th September by UPS Solar.

So far very impressed with the Hypervolt. If anyone is interested in the Hypervolt, do not use Google Account log in, as Alexa Hypervolt App will not work, only via
Hypervolt's own Account ID Login when first Adopting the Charger via their App, complete with Dashboard usage of the Hypervolt.

Just for information for potential buyers below can take advantage off saving more money.

"We offer a £50 discount from the final quoted priced to all staff members of the NHS, Social Care workers and Emergency workers, all public sector essential workers, as well as Police, Armed Forces, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, and so on. The discount can be used once per Blue Light Card/Defence Discount Service card, and it has to be someone in the same household as the OZEV grant applicant."

thanks

MikeH

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on setup now that my 5.2 kW solar array is up and running and Hypervolt have released firmware update (last night) for charger OTA and iphone App is now able to Select Solar Charging at 1.4 kW 6 Amps (can also change the Ampage in Settings which you need to do for Solar to lowest which is 6 Amp) and as soon as I had plugged in the hypervolt charge cable, the car charging port led went from white, to orange then to Green for charging, confirmed in the car driving screen car was charging at 1.4 kW and also confirmed in Charge Status of Mercedes Me App, which also sent message that the car was now charging. Also had the iBoost + diverting solar energy into the hot water tank at the same time... So first Solar charge and works great, a 10% charge took 4 hours from 1100 -1500 hrs to 100% in the Mercedes Me App and informed me by message on that the car had charged fully, and my max mileage is now up to 240 miles for a full charge, have to drive less in Sport mode and more in Eco and Comfort to raise the Max mileage to above 250 miles per charge. So Free Energy miles with Solar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts