Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 SR+
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Mercedes me connect Web App was decommissioned a few days ago, I’ve learned something truly remarkable - it wasn’t the worst possible user experience. Now that I’ve started using the Mercedes me Portal, I’ve discovered depths of unusability I hadn’t previously imagined.

To set delayed charging, I now need to: scroll down, click, scroll down, click, scroll down, click, scroll up, click, click, click, set the time, click and click again. This would be bad if I could expect it to work first time, but the success rate is about 50%.

Questions:
  1. Is anybody actually happy with it? If so, what am I doing wrong?
  2. Has anybody complained? :ROFLMAO:

·
Will it ever happen ?
252 Posts
Got my 'ME' set up on Friday and is working ok :) I have locked the doors from it, used pre-entry climate control. Last journey info is good, Tyre pressure seems to go up n down a little bit.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 SR+
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the tyre pressure might be a temperature thing. Maybe...

I’ve learned to be a bit more patient with the departure time setting - it seems to take an age to confirm the time I’ve entered has been accepted, so I’ve just stopped watching it and it seems to be more reliable than I thought.

I am bewildered by the user experience design. I can’t understand why a global company would take this process:
  1. Select “set departure time”
  2. Enter time
  3. Confirm time
And turn it into:
  1. Scroll down to find Mercedes Me Connect
  2. Click
  3. Scroll down to find “Programming of charging settings and pre-entry climate control”
  4. Click
  5. Wait
  6. Scroll down to find departure time
  7. Click
  8. Click planned departure time
  9. Click the time
  10. Set the time
  11. Click done
  12. Click tick
  13. Wait
  14. Wait some more
Someone ought to be shot for this, but I don’t think Mercedes have the slightest idea that it is unacceptable. Just put it in the app and get it right. And get rid of all the stupid pictures that slow it down and take up screen space.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
It wouldnt be half as bad if it was actually responsive, every step above takes ages to complete because the website is so damn slow.

That said, the new website is still a LOT better than the native android app, which is so limited in features as to be almost completely useless.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My Mercedes Me caused some alarm today as a result of spurious location data. My daughter has my B250E, while i’m having some Vitamin D enrichment! (Aka some fun-in-the-sun)! She took it to the station for her daily commute. When I surfaced (5 hours later) the App showed the location 20 miles from where it was expected. All the other data seemed correct and I could even unlock and lock the doors!

Unfortunately, I texted my daughter, while she was ‘heads down’ in her work! The ‘false data’ persisted for another 4-5 hours - while we both pondered what could have happened to my pride-and-joy.

Of course it was a false alarm, when I checked later - sure enough the GPS data showed the car in her drive!

Such a shame the App doesn’t indicate if the GPS data is suspect. I’ve seen false data in other GPS, but it’s resolved quickly by a position update - or some error about satellite signal error.

So glad we didn’t over-react and send the ‘rossers’ - on a false errand!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just a version of my experience with My Mercedes Electric and Mercedes Me and that whole thing.

I took my car in for a safety recall notice and while I was there (last Friday) I got the VVC code from the dealer. I bought my 2014 used so I didn't already have it. I wasn't able to use either "app" even after that, my VIN needed to be verified.

I had a thought, gotta have full connectivity to use mbrace.. so I called and signed up for mbrace (3 month trial period for used cars). This provisioned my car in the system and got the ball rolling. Then after 2 days I pressed the i button above the mirror after receiving an email saying I should, to activate my mbrace service.

I pressed the button, confirmed the VIN and the 4 digit pin number... activation completed. "Mbrace service should be active in 24 -48 hours" the person told me. Okay, fine.. not my main objective but good. Then I tried both apps. Mercedes Me no longer complains about VIN verification and My Mercedes Electric is working great!

More than likely I'll cancel the mbrace at the end of the trial, but it's one way to get around going to the dealer to have the provisioning done since I heard they charge like $100.

·
Will it ever happen ?
252 Posts
Pre entry not working this frosty morning, it keeps coming up with the message, Please check the status of the pre-entry climate control??? Temp in car is set at 21c

1 - 10 of 10 Posts