Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My brother has just bought a ‘66 plate E350e AMG Line and all the services expired at the end of January. He wanted the Real Time Traffic information and remote services which he purchased a couple of days ago. It did warn saying it would take time to enable/activate the services. Most seem to be working but the pre heat entry option still says not enabled in the app. Is this service not available in the UK? Does he need to do anything such as plug-in the car to get it working. Any advice/ help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Preheat option doesn’t work on uk models. I looked for that too when I got my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, my brother since has told me that it’s another option to purchase So I am assuming it is available in the U.K. now. He hasn’t decided if its worth having.

·
Registered
2 Posts
C350e owner here. I bought mine new in 2016 and everything worked (as well as it ever does) until the 3 year mark when the “free” services expire.

I didn’t renew live traffic for a number of reasons, not least the NAV is a blithering idiot. Initially, I purchased one ‘pack’ which said would provide pre#entry and charge status. Turned out the website was wrong. After some(!) back and forth, MB actually sorted the problem, fixed the website and even gave me the missing pack for free as a thank you. I think they only did this because I provided screenshots from their own app showing what it said I needed to get what I wanted...which were wrong.

As the OP has said, you need the two packs to get it to work. Typical dirty tricks really, make you buy loads of stuff you don’t need to get what you do.

Worth it? It’s a great feature when you need it, but how often do you think that will be is the question. I won’t be renewing the sub next time I don’t think. The ability to schedule charging has vanished from the app. and the darn thing is flaky as hell anyway. Usually takes multiple attempts to get pre#entry to start and setting it to go at a specific time is convoluted and confusing.

Overall, I’d give the latest version about 2/10. The older version was much better and more functional.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts