Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Zoe Devotee
9,284 Posts
Uk or OZ market flooded by good but used lime green MG5s in 12months?

Reactions: TJEV and Harry6

·
Registered
874 Posts
Uk or OZ market flooded by good but used lime green MG5s in 12months?
Taxis in Singapore do some serious miles! It's a small island, but the costs of owning a vehicle are so high that they need to be used hard. Last time I was there, I got chatting to a taxi driver who was one of a team of three. They took 8 hours each and the car was driven virtually non stop. No idea what charging provision is like, but no doubt it will be efficient and effective if the Singaporean government decide they need to get involved.

Reactions: TJEV

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah last time I was there it was much more cheaper to move around in a taxi than having your own car.

Maybe that's what countries need to do to reduce pollution too...

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I beleive its 10K for the "RIGHT" to own a car. That even if you can afford is STILL a lottery.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It's an auction actually. They put a specific number (N) on sale (up to 1.4l engine, and above that were the categories when I lived there), people bid, and the top N bids get their certificate of entitlement at the cost of the Nth highest bid. Then, you have 200% sale tax on the car itself. And then again, public transports are efficient and always on time.

·
Registered
874 Posts
It's an auction actually. They put a specific number (N) on sale (up to 1.4l engine, and above that were the categories when I lived there), people bid, and the top N bids get their certificate of entitlement at the cost of the Nth highest bid. Then, you have 200% sale tax on the car itself. And then again, public transports are efficient and always on time.
...and taxis are cheap and plentiful. Definitely no need for a car less you have very specific needs.

Reactions: alegar
1 - 8 of 8 Posts