Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me when the update was released for being able to charge with the doors unlocked. I sent an email to my local MG Garage about this. Their reply was "we'll have to contact SAIC to find if there was one It should only be a couple of days and we'll get back to you" Soooooo 14 days later I still haven't had a reply.

To be forewarned...........
Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It was service action bulletin 017 , 6/8/2020 new battery protection of hv fuse.

It introduced charging while doors unlocked / ajar.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It was service action bulletin 017 , 6/8/2020 new battery protection of hv fuse.

I recently had a one year service and was told that the HV fuse protection mod and the wiring recall had been done but the charging while car unlocked does not work and was told by the garage that my car was not on the VIN list to have that Modification done..... Does this mean I Havent had the fuse mod??

·
Registered
26 Posts
i can’t say 100% but I would say that no they didn’t install the update.

I picked up my eZS last September and since I knew of the update, I asked for it to be applied.

The update allowed open door charging and I knew from forum posts that this behaviour was new.

·
Journeyman Human
510 Posts
Hmm... My dealer have done the fuse protection update, and the latest BMS update, but my car still doesn't charge with the doors unlocked. Someone did say the technician has to specifically check some box or such, or take some action to allow this, so it may not mean the update hasn't been done, just that option wasn't dealt with. As with everything MG update related, it's all as clear as mud!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm... My dealer have done the fuse protection update, and the latest BMS update, but my car still doesn't charge with the doors unlocked. Someone did say the technician has to specifically check some box or such, or take some action to allow this, so it may not mean the update hasn't been done, just that option wasn't dealt with. As with everything MG update related, it's all as clear as mud!
Yes. You'd think they would get their act together. New technology!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I picked up my car at the beginning of September and the update hasn't been done. Not too bothered at the moment although more concerned about the HV fuse. I don't think my dealer in Portsmouth is particularly proactive: has anybody else any experience of them? They certainly sold enough MGs for quite a few to be on this forum..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up my car at the beginning of September and the update hasn't been done. Not too bothered at the moment although more concerned about the HV fuse. I don't think my dealer in Portsmouth is particularly proactive: has anybody else any experience of them? They certainly sold enough MGs for quite a few to be on this forum..
My dealer is not very proactive. Mines in Guildford. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't know about upgrades etc.
I suspect several things. Covid lack of staff through sickness furlough etc. Transiting from ICE vehicles to a different mindset for EVs. I was told that if there are any upgrades they would be done when the vehicle comes in for a service.In my case another years wait! I think you have to keep pressing them with the evidence of this forum for them to do anything.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,957 Posts
My car didn't charge when unlocked, March 2020 car. Serviced last Monday and dealer applied all updates (including the BMS one even though I was affected by low range/cell imbalance). Car locks charger as soon as I plug it in, charges with the car unlocked. Shows some dealers are very much more clued up than others.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My dealer is not very proactive. Mines in Guildford. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't know about upgrades etc.
I suspect several things. Covid lack of staff through sickness furlough etc. Transiting from ICE vehicles to a different mindset for EVs. I was told that if there are any upgrades they would be done when the vehicle comes in for a service.In my case another years wait! I think you have to keep pressing them with the evidence of this forum for them to do anything.
My original dealer in southampton tried 3 times unsuccessfully to apply updates. They did manage the first comfort update but none of the others. Took it to the Guildford dealer for its first service in March in the hope they would be better. They said they applied all updates but neither this or the temperature were added. They're having a second go next week. If they can't manage updates, then I'll be off to dealer 3. Guildford admitted they only had one MG trained technician and blamed their Internet connection.
Software is so critical to EVs. I won't buy another one that does not have regular, over the air updates.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts

I’m afraid you are wrong.

There is a separate EVCC controller that looks after this. The dealer doesn’t know what they are doing (okay, the Technician doesn’t) go to another dealer. It’s a tick box exercise when the car is connected to the MG servers. They need to be done in a certain order.

The update came out in July 2020.

Reactions: lee graham and SueH

·
Registered
90 Posts

...........They need to be done in a certain order.

Thanks Mike . If the updates have to be done in a certain order does that mean if I have had a HV fuse protection update then would that be a problem or can the EVCC update be done independently as a one off update do you think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

There is a separate EVCC controller that looks after this. The dealer doesn’t know what they are doing (okay, the Technician doesn’t) go to another dealer. It’s a tick box exercise when the car is connected to the MG servers. They need to be done in a certain order.

Thanks Mike I've whizzed off an email to the dealer.🙏

1 - 15 of 15 Posts