Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well unless the search function failed me, I can’t seem to find any info on the HV(?) update on the car?

I’ve had the comfort update, not fussed about the BMS update, isn’t there a third one? Something to do with the HV battery? Is this something to do with a wiring loom?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I believe that some cars have had a issue / mod / recall required on the wiring loom that feeds through the drivers door.
Not sure if this is just a re-route of the loom or something more involved.
Maybe somebody who have had their car done car offer some more info.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I believe that some cars have had a issue / mod / recall required on the wiring loom that feeds through the drivers door.
Not sure if this is just a re-route of the loom or something more involved.
Maybe somebody who have had their car done car offer some more info.
I have had the Excite since November last year. There was a first BMS update early in 2020. I had another BMS update done at the same time as the Comfort 2 update, which consisted of 2 via the data port and two USB updates for the infotainment system.

The dealer also replaced the driver's door wiring loom. They told me the new wiring loom had to be re-routed as well as the previous wiring loom and positioning was prone to getting wet from any rain that seeped into the door.

I think that the wiring loom issue may only affect the earlier shipments of vehicles.

The latest BMS should be done. It corrects the over-reading of the GOM from the previous BMS update. The 12V Fuse issue has caused vehicle malfunctions in a few cases so also should be done. I understand that if you can charge the car on A/C with the car unlocked, then the 12V Fuse update has been done.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You’re probably thinking of the ‘HV fuse’ service action. This is to protect the fuse from conditions that might blow it, so you probably want that.

There is also a further service action to the original BMS one. This was made available at the end of July. This makes timed charging work with Rolec (and others?). In addition you can AC charge without locking the doors

·
Zoe Devotee
9,259 Posts
TeslaBjorn Nyland hinted an update was imminent to help with charging speeds, an update that would actively heat the pack so it was in ideal temp range when you stopped to charge. This would be the 3rd update you talking about?

I doesn't appear to have materialised though.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Since his video quite some time ago I’m not aware of any corroboration for this even as an intent.

Would be nice though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those of you who aren't on Facebook or haven't seen, the SA17 HVB Fuse service action bulletin was kindly posted by some who was given it by his dealership.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TeslaBjorn Nyland hinted an update was imminent to help with charging speeds, an update that would actively heat the pack so it was in ideal temp range when you stopped to charge. This would be the 3rd update you talking about?
It was actually the HV fuse, I knew it was something to do with the HV battery. However this update sounds useful if it does materialise.

For those of you who aren't on Facebook or haven't seen, the SA17 HVB Fuse service action bulletin was kindly posted by some who was given it by his dealership.
What we need is someone to compile all the 'SA' forms together so we can approach a dealer, present them with each sheet and say, do all of these please. Rather than referring to 'nicknames' for each update it would better to be able to present the exact references so there's clarity on both sides, especially since some dealers aren't fully aware of all the updates themselves.

Reactions: rogerdee

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,369 Posts
especially since some dealers aren't fully aware of all the updates themselves.
I had to print out the first update (from a thread on here) to give to my dealer, as he had not seen it then.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I had to print out the first update (from a thread on here) to give to my dealer, as he had not seen it then.
All the dealers have been sent the relevant information. Whether they read it is a different matter :D

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,369 Posts
All the dealers have been sent the relevant information. Whether they read it is a different matter :D
Not at that time. It was about a week into the first thread being started. I was the first one they did it for and I got it free for the printout.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
My car arrived at the dealership just before Xmas 2019.
I delayed collection until Jan 6th 2020 - I do know the delayed charging update was done prior, but I have no idea if any other updates where done prior to delivery.
The car went into another local dealer about two weeks ago to have the Comfort 2 update done ( which I paid for ) it was there for about half a day, but again I have not idea if any other updates where carried out.
The car is due it's first service straight after Xmas in 2021.
Can anybody please provide me with a list / description of what updates the car should have received so I can challenge the dealer on ?.
I am aware that some owners have had a service request to check / re-route the wiring harness loom in the drivers door, has anybody else had this function performed and was they contacted via the dealer or MG themselves ?.
Is it likely that ANY items willbe corrected / reworked when the car is offered up for it's first service ?.
Thank you in advance of info you are able to kindly supply (y).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts