Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's nothing quite like an evangelical diesel owner on an EV forum is there, why are you here?

I mean you should be over on the Volvo site warning everyone how dangerous their cars are and how about the innocent car owners who happen to be any where near when they go bang! Surely you should be helping to keep them safe? You posted “there is not yet a fix “. Look at this Volvo owner filming his car burning and then EXPLODING!

Volvo xc60 t8 on fire. Car explosion!

Here is what the owner said, “Safety in a car is not just about crashes”

“The car literally exploded while I was driving back from daycare in a busy street of Vitoria, just 2 hours after I had picked it up at the car dealers. The car had been in service for at the local volvo dealer. The video was taped by someone in the street minutes after I got out. In the end there is an explosion. One of the several explosions that happened before the firefighters arrived. I am in shock, having trouble to sleep, lost several personal possessions but thankful to be alive. I wonder what #Standforsafety they praise so much about means to them.

Safety in a car is not just about crashes. It’s guaranteeing that you can take your 6 month old car to the authorized dealer and not be carbonized alive after they have touched it. I have no idea the real cause of the engine fire: faulty engine, human mistake by the dealer who should have been highly trained to touch these cars.. regardless, this can’t be considered a safe car if its so vulnerable to explosion. This is a major alert to everyone who owns this car. Contacted Volvo cars and received no assistance. Meanwhile they sent out a press release to the media saying that we were being fully assisted. This is the company that wants to be recognized for the safest car in the world. I can only thank God and the people who assisted me to take my baby out of the car.”

Emissions from fossil fuelled cars are poisoning the environment and will get worse. One reason is the amount of poorly serviced cars running around. I see at least one every day if not more. You've seen them haven't you??? As everyone else has. Keeping the new Diesels clean is very expensive, the latest diesel injectors cost £800 plus fitting and they are part of the cooling system so extra costs there, as are the latest ERG valves which are at least as expensive and more likely to be cost more than an injector, 4 x £800 = £3200 plus coolant change and hourly rate. So when the emission warning light comes on and they find out the price they have to pay, they will ignore it. I have worked in the motor trade all my life and seen this again and again. As you celebrate those ultra clean diesels, lol, you should look up the new court case in the Düsseldorf courts involving The Tiguan ea189 eng as it seems it has a new VW cheat device this one works with air temp. Fossil fuel cars have to be fazed out asap.

Don't forget what that poor Volvo owner said, “ This is a major alert to everyone who owns this car!“ and “Safety in a car is not just about crashes!”

Bye or as some would say go suck your pipe!
I am here as an owner of a BMW i3 as mentioned above I believe, not trying to argue with people here but give people access to more data to review it before their purchase.

Volvo Cars customer service is not good but neither is VW, ford or BMW all of which I have experienced. Seemingly Tesla has a few issues aswell, not sure about your point about the fire recall, I believe that affects the Diesel engines not the T8 in the video?

the fire above I know nothing about but not sure that you can judge a brand on one fire, if you look hard enough you will find an article about an xc90 hybrid that catches on fire on the driveway, read enough you will start to think it was the car, look harder you will see that it was arson but no brother blame the Volvo.

my view and that is based on various data sources is the a Volvo, Tesla and Mercedes create some of the safest cars around but there is other cars by various manufacturers that are also very safe, there are other cars by some of these brands that are not good or even terrible, then there is where I see MG, a brand that may make good value EVs but seemingly does not treat safety as a priority.

·
Registered
64 Posts
How do these cars rate on Ncap??

another Volvo catches fire

and sadly there are many, many reports of Volvo buses catching fire, in one of which 40 passengers died!!!!

Here's a Volvo Bus on fire, they cant get out! the fire is by the exit!!! is this why so many died in a previous fire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeKDJbvgFBY BMW compilation Go to 3.12 for an epic fail of a big head in a BMW,lol. German engineering at its best. Oh except for those 5 million wonderful VAG DIE- sel engines that are STILL poisoning every thing around them.

Honda

Honda

Honda 2.1 million fire recall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEm_IDoC_kw Ford Kuga catches fire on the way to the garage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65NnwzAcjEU ford recall 450,000 cars for fires

·
Registered
477 Posts
NCAP is crash safety.

MG ZS ICE scores 3* and was shit for child passenger safety.

Self-immolating Volvos are relevant why?
Bottom line is the crash test video and report shows the likelihood of rear seat passengers being injured or worse. Likely rear seat passengers are one’s smaller offspring. That’s not a gamble many people would be prepared to take.

There aren’t many cars capable of such anymore and haven’t been for some while.

MG won’t talk about the Euro NCAP findings and haven’t put forward an EV version for individual testing.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts