Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just been away in our ZE EV since collecting it last Friday. Absolutely loving the car, we took out bike away with us (removed the front wheel and placed them in the back) however I'd really like to get the bike mounted on the rear of the car as we plan to go away camping. I know the car has roof rails and they're capable of 75kg of weight. However, I have an electric bike and its heavy lifting it into the back of the car, let alone up onto the roof. I thought about getting a tow bar installed however prior to getting the ZS, I looked into a Zoe, but they're not rated for a tow bar. However as the ZS EV is basically a ZS which can tow. Is there any reason why I couldn't get a tow bar fitted for a tow bar mounted bike rack?

I found the attached image on MG's website and it says 0kg is permitted for towing, however I don't actually intend to tow. I think it answers my question though unless anyone knows otherwise?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
There's no law preventing you from fitting a towbar for use as a bicycle rack. What you need to establish is whether the rear chassis outriggers on the EV are the same as the ICE ZS or whether you will need a custom rack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts