Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I downloaded an English manual that also does not include the infotainment system. I have a Thai version for the Navigation system and one for the I-Smart infotainment system. (But I can't read Thai)

There is an application or program (called an APP) for newer MG cars called I-SMART for Android and iPhones and you can see the status of your car wherever you are.

There is no radio in the car. There is a infotainment system that also has a radio function among many others.
You can switch the whole infotainment system OFF (Or stand-by) with a long press on the volume/home button. Another press will turn it on again.
Another option is to use the MUTE button on the steering wheel but you will have to do that every time after start.
Or, just select another audio source, USB (without a stick) or bluetooth audio or streaming audio from the sim-card. The source selection will be remembered when you start the car again later.

I have not driven the car much on dark roads but the Halogen lights and tinted film combination is not a good one. My 2008 Honda accord has Xenon lights and are brighter than the MG (and a 2010 Civic or Subaru XV).
There will soon be a LED aftermarket headlight system (I guess)

Hope this helps you a bit.
As promised, here I am again with a 3 stupid questions:

1) Can you tell me where I can find MG Pilot? I cannot find it anywhere.

2) Can you tell me how to find the display that shows the tyre pressures? Again, I cannot find it anywhere.

3) Does your horn mysteriously sound (three short blasts) when your front seat passenger gets out of the car? Mine does, but not always. It also sometimes sounds when I lock the car, but not always.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As promised, here I am again with a 3 stupid questions:

1) Can you tell me where I can find MG Pilot? I cannot find it anywhere.

2) Can you tell me how to find the display that shows the tyre pressures? Again, I cannot find it anywhere.

3) Does your horn mysteriously sound (three short blasts) when your front seat passenger gets out of the car? Mine does, but not always. It also sometimes sounds when I lock the car, but not always.
I am sorry but I read in another thread that you actually have the English manual and...still ask a stupid question:

1) The MG pilot function is described at page 227 in the manual:
"Turn the adaptive cruise control lever to “RESUME” twice will switch the MG pilot system from standby to active state."

And again...

2) Tyre pressure info at page 20 in the same manual:
"• Tyre Pressures: Displays the current tyre pressure reading taken from each wheel."

3) Page 136 about the horn sounding 3 short times.

The only abnormality that I have with my car is that the mobile app "I-Smart" reports that the driver window is open (while it is closed)

Regarding the Headlights: Did you check the position of the headlight leveling knob? (Should be in 0 or 1)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am sorry but I read in another thread that you actually have the English manual and...still ask a stupid question:

1) The MG pilot function is described at page 227 in the manual:
"Turn the adaptive cruise control lever to “RESUME” twice will switch the MG pilot system from standby to active state."

And again...

2) Tyre pressure info at page 20 in the same manual:
"• Tyre Pressures: Displays the current tyre pressure reading taken from each wheel."

3) Page 136 about the horn sounding 3 short times.

The only abnormality that I have with my car is that the mobile app "I-Smart" reports that the driver window is open (while it is closed)

Regarding the Headlights: Did you check the position of the headlight leveling knob? (Should be in 0 or 1)
1) I have already read about MG Pilot in the manual. It does not work.

2) Thank you. I will try that.

3) There is no mention, on page 136, of the horn sounding 3 times when the front seat passenger gets out. It does mention the horn sounding if the driver gets out and closes the driver's door while leaving the smart key inside the car.

I have the headlight levelling control in the correct position. On unlit roads, the headlights are abysmal compared to my last car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1) I have already read about MG Pilot in the manual. It does not work.

2) Thank you. I will try that.

3) There is no mention, on page 136, of the horn sounding 3 times when the front seat passenger gets out. It does mention the horn sounding if the driver gets out and closes the driver's door while leaving the smart key inside the car.

I have the headlight levelling control in the correct position. On unlit roads, the headlights are abysmal compared to my last car.
I engage the MG pilot by just driving (at any speed), press the "set speed" button and then pull the lever twice towards me. after that I modify the "set speed" by "Up" or "Down" the lever.

I am rather impressed with the system in Phuket traffic. Even steering (as long as the lines are good visible) But stay alert and be aware of cars and motorcycles cutting right in front of you; the MG pilot will break rapidly to re-create the proper distance.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts