Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
576 Posts
Standard range batter = 51 kWh (50.8 usable), 39 mins 10 to 80% with ≥ 150kW charger
LR 64 kWh (61.7 usable), 35 mins 10 to 80% with ≥ 150kW charger

·
Registered
411 Posts
Great news!
26k for the SE is progress.
V2l standard across the range.
But I can't have the orange in that trim, boo.
Anyone figure why sat nav is only available on the trophy lr?- seems an odd omission on the se, let alone the trophy.
It's too big for my needs, so if the mg3 comes in at around 22k and they get greedy with the new Renault 5, the mg3 will likely be my next car.

·
Registered
Leaf 24kWh
2,406 Posts
Oddly, although they mention "Volcano Orange" as a colour choice, it's not in the "configurator". Just wish I could afford any new car at the moment.
EDIT: dammit - so Volcano Orange is only available on the most expensive model... damn.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great news!
26k for the SE is progress.
V2l standard across the range.
But I can't have the orange in that trim, boo.
Anyone figure why sat nav is only available on the trophy lr?- seems an odd omission on the se, let alone the trophy.
It's too big for my needs, so if the mg3 comes in at around 22k and they get greedy with the new Renault 5, the mg3 will likely be my next car.
I don't see the point of built in sat nav. It's only likely to go out of date. So long as it's consistently updated to integrate with the current smart phones (so that's basically Apple/Android play) I'm happy.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
5,494 Posts
Also weird - The specs section says "Battersea blue" is a £545 option, but the configurator doesn't add it to the price if "Holborn Blue" is selected.
If blue is a "free" colour, then I'm happy to order the Trophy.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't see the point of built in sat nav. It's only likely to go out of date. So long as it's consistently updated to integrate with the current smart phones (so that's basically Apple/Android play) I'm happy.
True- I suppose if it keeps the price down, using my phone instead isn't a big deal.
Just seems a "clunky" way of doing it.
But I can live with that.
I must say I'm very tempted to put a deposit down.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Also weird - The specs section says "Battersea blue" is a £545 option, but the configurator doesn't add it to the price if "Holborn Blue" is selected.
If blue is a "free" colour, then I'm happy to order the Trophy.
Can't see Battersea blue on any model.
I think Holborn is one of those you'd have to see in the flesh- it looks nice in the pics but could be a yucky shade.

·
Registered
100 Posts
True- I suppose if it keeps the price down, using my phone instead isn't a big deal.
Just seems a "clunky" way of doing it.
But I can live with that.
I must say I'm very tempted to put a deposit down.
Do people know, when does the order book open? When are the first orders expected to arrive?

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
Blimey - a reasonable price, a gorgeous front of the car - not really convinced by the side and rear however but thats just my view - think it will do well

I hope the MG5 estate (which should have a better rear) eventually gets that nose 🤞

·
Registered
411 Posts
Do people know, when does the order book open? When are the first orders expected to arrive?
A few sites are saying September.
If that happens it's all happened pretty quick, from not much info 6 months ago to a car being almost here.
Other manufacturers should take note how much better for the consumer this is.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
I'm hearing September, but I already have a £99 pre-order in with my nearest dealership (Trophy spec in blue for me).
MG shipped the dealer demo cars out on the 21st of July, the ship is due at Suez next Thursday.
The first 1000-ish customer cars are apparently due on UK soil this year!

Looks about the same size as a kona
It's almost exactly ID.3 sized.

MG4ID3
Length42874261
Width (no mirrors)18361809
Height15041568

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any idea if V2L has been confirmed for the UK model, and what the output is? I couldn't see anything about it on the MG UK site, but maybe I just need my glasses changing.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Any idea if V2L has been confirmed for the UK model, and what the output is? I couldn't see anything about it on the MG UK site, but maybe I just need my glasses changing.
2.2kW of V2L is indeed on the spec sheet. Look under "Comfort and Convenience" on the Full Specifications bit
The site seems to be playing up for me right now. Not sure if they're bugfixing, or it's just being hammered by prospective customers.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
1,228 Posts
With current used prices i could basically swap my egolf for one of these for no money down! Interesting....

Reactions: Rbrian
1 - 20 of 138 Posts