Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Anyone figure why sat nav is only available on the trophy lr?- seems an odd omission on the se, let alone the trophy
If it's anything like the satnav in MG5 I have, I would pay an option to have it removed!

Android Auto is a far superior mapping experience.

Anyway re the pricing 🙌 well done MG for not getting greedy and starting sub £30k and not £35k

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't see the point of built in sat nav. It's only likely to go out of date. So long as it's consistently updated to integrate with the current smart phones (so that's basically Apple/Android play) I'm happy.
I wonder if that's what the point of iSMART live services is, OTA updates for the sat-nav?

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22)
419 Posts
I'm hearing September, but I already have a £99 pre-order in with my nearest dealership (Trophy spec in blue for me).
MG shipped the dealer demo cars out on the 21st of July, the ship is due at Suez next Thursday.
The first 1000-ish customer cars are apparently due on UK soil this year!

It's almost exactly ID.3 sized.

MG4ID3
Length42874261
Width (no mirrors)18361809
Height15041568
The ID3 is very spacious inside compared to other cars of similar external dimensions because it has been designed with a very short front end. Eg it seems from reviews that a new Mégane is a lot less spacious in the back. Kona similar. So I wouldn't assume from those figures that the MG will feel similar inside.

·
Registered
eNiro 4
1,641 Posts
The ID3 is very spacious inside compared to other cars of similar external dimensions because it has been designed with a very short front end. Eg it seems from reviews that a new Mégane is a lot less spacious in the back. Kona similar. So I wouldn't assume from those figures that the MG will feel similar inside.
Suspect MG will feel bigger, certainly wont feel cheaper

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
5,540 Posts
If the "Full Specifications" tab on the website were still working, MG give interior dimensions as well.
EDIT - Page now working, but interior dimensions are just boot capacity.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Before people putting down their deposit remember that there are hundreds of facelift ZS EV customers waiting since Nov 2021 with not a beep from MG nor dealers. Expect to be treated like dirt and/or paying over MSRP to secure a vehicle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Before people putting down their deposit remember that there are hundreds of facelift ZS EV customers waiting since Nov 2021 with not a beep from MG nor dealers. Expect to be treated like dirt and/or paying over MSRP to secure a vehicle.
I suspect it's the same with all manufacturers, but you're right, we should expect the story of delivery delays we're seeing elsewhere - probably about a year. 🙁

·
Registered
122 Posts
I suspect it's the same with all manufacturers, but you're right, we should expect the story of delivery delays we're seeing elsewhere - probably about a year. 🙁
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest unless they've prebuilt a load of cars for the launch and you are lucky enough to be early enough in to get one of those.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Vivaro Cargo 50kwh
489 Posts
Glad to see they're keeping the prices reasonable - the Corsa Elite I ordered was listed at £31,495, same as the MG4 Trophy Long Range. The MG4 is bigger, which is actually a minus for me, through most people would probably want more space. It also has adaptive cruise (available on the Corsa Ultimate which replaced the Elite), a wireless phone charger (no mention if carplay or android auto is wireless or not), 50 miles more range, and a dealer 5 minutes walk from my house. Otherwise the specs are more or less the same.

It would have been a tricky decision if I hadn't already placed a deposit in March (should be built any year now...), but most importantly I found it for £25789 (including expensive blue paint), cheaper than the basic MG4. I wonder if they'll have offers? I'm surprised I got one, the way the market is at present they could charge 20% more and still sell every one they could make. Makes me wonder what's wrong with the Corsa... Though I'm happy with my Vivaro, which has the exact same drive train and software, so it'll probably be fine.

Why are heated seats always limited to the most expensive version? I want climate control, heated seats, and android auto. That's all, though I can't deny the extra toys are nice, but I would have gone for the basic version if I could option heated seats. The discount I got eases the pain though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Glad to see they're keeping the prices reasonable - the Corsa Elite I ordered was listed at £31,495, same as the MG4 Trophy Long Range. The MG4 is bigger, which is actually a minus for me, through most people would probably want more space. It also has adaptive cruise (available on the Corsa Ultimate which replaced the Elite), a wireless phone charger (no mention if carplay or android auto is wireless or not), 50 miles more range, and a dealer 5 minutes walk from my house. Otherwise the specs are more or less the same.

It would have been a tricky decision if I hadn't already placed a deposit in March (should be built any year now...), but most importantly I found it for £25789 (including expensive blue paint), cheaper than the basic MG4. I wonder if they'll have offers? I'm surprised I got one, the way the market is at present they could charge 20% more and still sell every one they could make. Makes me wonder what's wrong with the Corsa... Though I'm happy with my Vivaro, which has the exact same drive train and software, so it'll probably be fine.

Why are heated seats always limited to the most expensive version? I want climate control, heated seats, and android auto. That's all, though I can't deny the extra toys are nice, but I would have gone for the basic version if I could option heated seats. The discount I got eases the pain though.
Isn't that the whole scheme? Put one thing that people really want in the tier above to force folk to go one step up.
I dismissed heated seats at time of purchase and happily plumped for the very base spec. Doing my research since I've discovered the benefits around energy efficiency. Hey ho, still would have struggled to justify the extra cost. Might get some after-market ones if I can get my brother to help wire them in.
Like you, the discount I got made the Vauxhall more tempting than the alternatives. The MG price looks great, but probably won't come with similar deals.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
5,540 Posts
Re: Deliveries.

Over on the MG owner's site, someone has just posted that his dealer told him there are EIGHT shiploads of cars (all models, both EV & ICE) destined for the UK by mid-September!

BTW - Just checked, and the base model SE 51kWh is £1k cheaper than a 1.2 Turbo Astra GS-Line.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,500 Posts
Suspect MG will feel bigger, certainly wont feel cheaper
From the video on this thread, certainly seems more cramped inside than the ID.3, particularly the rear seats.

Not surprising as the ID.3 is much more of a ‘cab forward’ design than the more traditional looking MG4.

Looks like a good new EV entrant though, and I see no need at all to snipe at other vehicles to justify it.

21 - 40 of 151 Posts