Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The embargos on the video reviews lifted today and a few are out now on youtube. Looks like a real bargain!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm looking to replace my 30KwH Kia Soul with a MG ZS or M5. Be interesting to see if there are any launch discounts on the 5 at any dealers?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,406 Posts
Looks a decent family car. Old school Passat appearance. Just been watching the videos.

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
238 Posts
MG pilot would have been a good addition. Apart from that (and the looks) seems like a bargain to me.

Hopefully more manufacturers will bring/adapt their Chinese models into Europe.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MG pilot would have been a good addition. Apart from that (and the looks) seems like a bargain to me.

Hopefully more manufacturers will bring/adapt their Chinese models into Europe.
Is MG pilot actually any good though? Sounds like something I would just turn off

Only thing missing for me is adaptive cruise..having it on my egolf im not sure i could go back to regular cruise...id crash!

·
Registered
124 Posts
The lack of adaptive cruise control wouldn't bother me, I used to just normal cruise in the Soul. But I'm not sold on the looks at all - the alloys and grill are fairly uninspiring.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and i just found out it doesn't have scheduled charging so cant take advantage of cheap night time rates. Rules it out for me

Reactions: DenkiJidousha

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,287 Posts

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
238 Posts
The lack of adaptive cruise control wouldn't bother me, I used to just normal cruise in the Soul. But I'm not sold on the looks at all - the alloys and grill are fairly uninspiring.
Defo agree on the looks of the front and alloys.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Can the ZS tow? A local dealer about a year ago thought the ZS was expected to get this capability added. If it has been, and the ZS can tow, then I can't see why the 5 shouldn't also. I for one would really, really like a medium sized Ev hatch/estate that can tow a small trailer!

Reactions: Neilew

·
Journeyman Human
474 Posts
Can the ZS tow? A local dealer about a year ago thought the ZS was expected to get this capability added. If it has been, and the ZS can tow, then I can't see why the 5 shouldn't also. I for one would really, really like a medium sized Ev hatch/estate that can tow a small trailer!
No, Neither of them can tow legally as they've not been type rated for it. The ZS petrol towbar will fit the EV perfectly, you just can't (legally) actually use it.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2013 24kwh Leaf, MG HS PHEV
36 Posts
I'm looking to replace my 30KwH Kia Soul with a MG ZS or M5. Be interesting to see if there are any launch discounts on the 5 at any dealers?
not at the moment, i've had a deposit down since Jan on the M5 and put a deposit down on the ZS last July before that and i had expected the M5 to be a bit cheaper going off word of mouth and the few leaflets they hadn't out. just spoke to Chorley about getting my deposit back.

·
Registered
2013 24kwh Leaf, MG HS PHEV
36 Posts
i had a drive(passenger) in it the other weekend, it's a very capable car but the alloys look even worse in real life!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
This looks very bland and boring car. I would say it looks really dated. The tech is not even upto the ZS level. Wheels look terrible. Also the boot size is actually smaller than the ZS ev. Most of the literature quotes to the ceiling boot space but if you go to the parcel cover the ZS ev is 5l larger. Not much but if it has a smaller boot I can't see an advantage for it. Yes it's range is longer but the ZS ev will get a bigger battery soon.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts