Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening, on the MGEV's Podcast, we'll be discussing the new MG5 Long Range.

We'll give you the specification, pricing, and details of all the changes compared to the original MG5.

·
Vendor
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this confirmed for the UK now Miles? Thought that and the ZS facelift were Europe only?
Watch the podcast this evening for all details of the UK spec long range model.

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
381 Posts
115kW, 61 kWh, MG Pilot (ACC).

Looking forward to it, specially the final price and charging curve:

images taken from Long-range?

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
381 Posts
How about the charging curve @Miles Roberts?

will you be publishing pcp figuresin the 1+X figures please? (Also affinity scheme if possible)

cheers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's a shame there is no towing homologation, could've tempted me away from a Skoda Enyaq!

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
314 Posts
Long range has come a bit late, MG5 was on my list of possibles, but it lost out to an E-Niro a few months ago

·
Registered
737 Posts
Good that they’ve got the active safety features in now, but it really should have launched like that.

It’s a great value deal with a lot space, it’s just a pity you have put up with 20 year old Asian eco car looks as punishment for that.

Badly needs that facelift.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,165 Posts
Well that'll put off prospective owners, all the current ones seems to claim "I didn't want any features where the car tried to drive for me, i'm a better driver than all other motorists!" :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Good that they’ve got the active safety features in now, but it really should have launched like that.

It’s a great value deal with a lot space, it’s just a pity you have put up with 20 year old Asian eco car looks as punishment for that.

Badly needs that facelift.
It's got the same face as a 2014 VW Passat.

Check your prejudices.

·
Registered
737 Posts
It's got the same face as a 2014 VW Passat.

Check your prejudices.

I didn't know car predjuce was a thing...

I see lots of comments saying that, but other than a stripey chrome grill, for me, it just isn't anything like it. The Passat actually has decent proportions and is generally just much more modern and fresh looking. The MG5 is just badly proportioned and has a real whiff of a generic Korean car from almost 20 years ago.

What's really puzzling about it, is that in Chinese market the latest MG6 is a great looking, fresh car. It's almost like they are palming off the older stuff to the UK market.

Sent from my M2002J9E using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,315 Posts

I didn't know car predjuce was a thing...

I see lots of comments saying that, but other than a stripey chrome grill, for me, it just isn't anything like it. The Passat actually has decent proportions and is generally just much more modern and fresh looking. The MG5 is just badly proportioned and has a real whiff of a generic Korean car from almost 20 years ago.

What's really puzzling about it, is that in Chinese market the latest MG6 is a great looking, fresh car. It's almost like they are palming off the older stuff to the UK market.

Post an example of the was-Asian, now-Korean car you think it looks like from MY2001?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Post an example of the was-Asian, now-Korean car you think it looks like from MY2001?
It looks so generic and bland that you could pretty much argue any sort of unambitious design over years had some similarities. That's the point really. You could use Goggle Image search I'm sure...

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
It looks so generic and bland that you could pretty much argue any sort of unambitious design over years had some similarities. That's the point really. You could use Goggle Image search I'm sure...

Asian, Korean, "any sort of unambitious design".

So a Passat then!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts