611 Posts
Passat -2017 vs MG5 EV
278.6 cm Wheelbase 266cm
477.3 cm Length 454cm
183.2 cm Width (ex mirrors) 181cm
151.6 cm Height 151cm
650 l Cargo volume 464 litres
1780 l Cargo volume max 1456 litres
In the real world the MG5 gets its boot volume from the low floor (with huge loading lip). If you made a false floor to bring a flat load bay and want to see out of the back the usable space is quite small. It’s the modern ‘litres not dimensions’ malarky.

I really wanted it to work as a Passat alternative but I can’t (perhaps stackable dogs might help or a (much) smaller jogging buggy). The stuff I regularly carry just doesn’t go in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Having always had a golf estate I would say it's wider than the golf so more like a passat but most definitely a lot shorter. It's a smaller boot than my old Golf too but still spacious enough as I can stack my cats should I need to ;-)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Having always had a golf estate I would say it's wider than the golf so more like a passat but most definitely a lot shorter. It's a smaller boot than my old Golf too but still spacious enough as I can stack my cats should I need to ;-)
Having parked them next to each other and directly compared I know for a fact it’s a country mile smaller than a Passat, regardless of the sunken boot floor.

It is what it is. No tardis fitted.

If you fancy one, take your stuff and see if it goes in. That’s my advice. Ideally stuff that’s more tall less front to back deep and less wide.

When you drop the seats the rollercoaster floor is a pennypinch too far. I suppose you could DIY a false floor and some supports for it but then it becomes something you need to store somewhere or the day to day boot is smaller still. Daft really and I hope they fix it for the rumoured revised model. Lots of multi level boot floors to copy out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts