Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
From trackdays setup recommendations, use TPMS to monitor your stable hot pressures. Your hot pressure is best 2-4 psi above the manufacturer‘s cold pressure standard for the model.
The Kona is rated at 36/36 psi cold, so 38-40 psi hot is optimal. Adjust cold up/down as required...

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
There should be a plate (sticker) in the driver door recess with the recommended pressures for your specific car under different loads, etc.
That trumps all manuals, websites, forums or YouTube videos unless Hyundai themselves tell you different.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,865 Posts
During my cars' P D I someone decided to ignore the door post sticker (which matched the handbook pic of 36 psi above) and set my Nexens to 32 rear 33 front.
5500 miles later I have now put them to 36 and will be interested to see if the efficiency goes up by a noticeable amount.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,861 Posts
During my cars' P D I someone decided to ignore the door post sticker (which matched the handbook pic of 36 psi above) and set my Nexens to 32 rear 33 front.
5500 miles later I have now put them to 36 and will be interested to see if the efficiency goes up by a noticeable amount.
I picked up my Soul EV with all tyres at close to 40psi. I tried 36 but did not like it, so now I'm running 38...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Mine arrived at 42 all round. I called the supplying dealer who said that was correct and I’ve left them like that. The sticker on the door does say 36 all round so I may drop them down but im not actually unhappy with them at what they are set at (currently showing 40 in the cold weather).

·
Registered
352 Posts
Slightly off topic, have you noticed much of a range decrease with the cross climates?
It's really hard to tell. I've not had the car long and the range has recently gone down from 300-ish on 100% SoC to about 265 with the ambient air temperature at 0-5C. What is certain is that they are much better tyres than the Nexens that came off. Which you'd expect as they're more than double the price of the OEM Nexens.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts