Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found some Michelin Energy E-V 195/55 R16 91 Q XL On Sale for £73 each delivered
Ordered 2 for the back they have done 35,000 miles so far.
Someone ordered before online but they cancelled the order not sure if its the same site.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
We ordered them last year from Oponeo only to get an email saying they were "out of stock, but here's some alternatives" waste of time and took a while to get the money back.
Hope you have more luck as that's a great price.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We ordered them last year from Oponeo only to get an email saying they were "out of stock, but here's some alternatives" waste of time and took a while to get the money back.
Hope you have more luck as that's a great price.
[/QU
Thanks Mo1
Got this email below this afternoon around 5.30pm , so let's see if they turn up and they are what i ordered,
Paid by Paypal too just in case there's a problem.

Sunday 26th Jan Checked the price on there website now up at £72 each

Please check with the driver if the model and number of tyres is the same as the ordered one.
You will receive:
one parcel with two tyres

Dear customer, your package has been shipped
Order Number: 7XXXXXXXX
Date of order: 2020-01-22
Date of change in the order's status: 2020-01-23
Contact details for delivery:

Receiver (e.g. first or last name): xxxxx xxxx
Address: XXXXXXXX
Postcode: XXXXX
City:XXXXXXXXXXXX

Items ordered:
Michelin Energy E-V 195/55R16 91 Q XL Quantity: 2 x 73,00 GBP

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Thanks Mo1
Got this email below this afternoon around 5.30pm , so let's see if they turn up and they are what i ordered,
Paid by Paypal too just in case there's a problem.
8.40pm Just Checked the price on there website now up at £120 each

Please check with the driver if the model and number of tyres is the same as the ordered one.
You will receive:
one parcel with two tyres

Dear customer, your package has been shipped
Order Number: 7XXXXXXXX
Date of order: 2020-01-22
Date of change in the order's status: 2020-01-23
Contact details for delivery:

Receiver (e.g. first or last name): xxxxx xxxx
Address: XXXXXXXX
Postcode: XXXXX
City:XXXXXXXXXXXX

Items ordered:
Michelin Energy E-V 195/55R16 91 Q XL Quantity: 2 x 73,00 GBP

website now up at £120 each
View attachment 126837
That looks promising, we never got that far with attempted purchase.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,559 Posts
Good Price.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The Tyres arrived this morning and on the paperwork it mentions the word *Demo (see Photo ) just like it does on the tyre leader website.

Demo on Tyreleader Means: ( See Photo )
*Tyre that has been mounted and dismounted
and may have been used a few kilometers.
This Tyre is guarantee & New.

They Look Great so I am happy and would buy again also the date on side wall is 01XX 2019 and came from a Depot at Oirschot ( Netherlands )
and Delivered by DPD.

So I'm assuming these tyres from OPONEO are from the same place that tyre leader gets them from.
This could be handy if they do the same for new primacy 4 Tyres for the New Zoe ZE50

·
Zoe Devotee
8,559 Posts
The Tyres arrived this morning and on the paperwork it mentions the word *Demo (see Photo ) just like it does on the tyre leader website.

Demo on Tyreleader Means: ( See Photo )

They Look Great so I am happy and would buy again also the date on side wall is 01XX 2019 and came from a Depot at Oirschot ( Netherlands )
and Delivered by DPD.

So I'm assuming these tyres from OPONEO are from the same place that tyre leader gets them from.
This could be handy if they do the same for new primacy 4 Tyres for the New Zoe ZE50

View attachment 126961 View attachment 126962
I got a full set of 4 of these "Demo" tyres back in October. Honestly I couldn't tell they had been on a car at all. They were brand new, tyres unmarked. Only the stickers usually on the tread had been removed.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Ok I've gone for a pair hoping to have better luck this time like yourself @dparr59, good to hear yours are delivered.
Down again to £70 each (y)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hope this was after my order was processed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought 2x from Tyreleader for £66 each. Turned up via DPD on Friday.

Fitting them tomorrow. They are dirty like they have been used, but little knobbles are still present, so can't have been used much.

Not bad for 50% of the normal cost

Cheers

Rawy

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Any Update on your Tyre Order ?
Yeah, apologies been a busy weekend, they arrived Friday afternoon, they have been fitted and done a few miles by looks of them but as @Rawy5486 the rubber blips are still present so happy enough.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That's Great looks like there the same as mine ( rubber blips still present )?

I wonder if the new primacy 4 tyre on the New ZE50 will take over from the original Michelin EV tyre and in future the primacy 4 will be the only one available for all Zoe's ?

Called in to my local Vauxhall / Peugeot dealer and noticed that the new Peugeot 2008e electric like the Tesla model 3 also comes with Michelin primacy 4 tyres.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hopefully the Primacy 4s will be easier to source, as you know the Micheline were pretty scarce.
And here's me 2 miles from the Dundee Michelin tyre factory ?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Michelin Primacy 4 ( *Demo )
195/55 R16 91T XL £68.89p

Demo on Tyreleader Means:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I take it from reading these posts there is a shortage in the UK at the moment. Picked up a nail in tyre wall of my Zoe last week - slow puncture. She has 195/55/16/Q91 fitted. Trying to find a replacement is proving a nightmare at the moment. Annoying thing is that a few weeks ago I casually checked and Blackcircles had them in stock at £120 - now showing out of stock. Tried everywhere else. Is there a recommended alternative from Renault? Looking to replace all four because of the mileage I do. As an aside, was very impressed at the detection system on Zoe. Initially got a caution to 'Adjust Tyre Pressure' which subsequently transitioned into a red 'Puncture' STOP warning.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts