Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I take it from reading these posts there is a shortage in the UK at the moment. Picked up a nail in tyre wall of my Zoe last week - slow puncture. She has 195/55/16/Q91 fitted. Trying to find a replacement is proving a nightmare at the moment. Annoying thing is that a few weeks ago I casually checked and Blackcircles had them in stock at £120 - now showing out of stock. Tried everywhere else. Is there a recommended alternative from Renault? Looking to replace all four because of the mileage I do. As an aside, was very impressed at the detection system on Zoe. Initially got a caution to 'Adjust Tyre Pressure' which subsequently transitioned into a red 'Puncture' STOP warning.
@andywilliamsuk they are available from the earlier link Tyre 195 55 R16 91Q | Discount price, free delivery - TyreLeader.co.uk

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
When i got the Tyres from OPONEO and they mentioned Demo tyres on the invoice
i emailed them to asked if they had any thing to do we tyreleader , never got a reply
then today they sent me a email :

Dear customer
Please be informed that 4/3/2020 DPD driver will visit you to receive wrong tires.
We do apologize for all inconveniences
Lukas Sarleya
International Intervention and Orders Consultant

I rang them today and told them i was only asking a question not reporting a problem. ( 4 weeks ago )
They said thery have no connection to tyre leader and don't sell Demo tyres and that's
why they where going to pick them back up as someone had made a mistake.

Anyway i said i was more then happy with the tyres.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just ordered a couple, thanks for the heads up.

Took my car for service today, and they found a split in one rear tyre, which wasn't there a week ago when I had a puncture repaired the other side! So I'll get the damaged one replaced, and the other will get stored in the garage, and placed in the boot for long journeys - next best thing to a spare wheel (y)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The Price at tyreleader goes up and down for tyre's from £90 one day then down to £60 the next day
Showing £73.28 each today ( Free delivery from 72h ) 4th March 2020

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Michelin Primacy 4 195/55/16 91T XL ( * Demo Tyres )
£ 77.89 each ( Now come as standard on the new Zoe ZE50 )

*Demo on Tyreleader Means:
Tyres that has been mounted and dismounted
and may have been used a few kilometers.
This Tyre is guarantee & New.

What is a demo tyre?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Now £59.59 each lowest I have seen from Tyreleader so far.
Tyres arrived as promised, had one fitted this afternoon. The tyre fitter gave it a good look over when I explained about it being a demo tyre, but said it was fine.
The second tyre is coming with me on long journeys, as he looked them up and said they aren’t made any more!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Looks like the Michelin Primacy 4 195/55/16 91T XL will be standard for all Zoes new & old.
And Hope to see how the Michelin Primacy 4 Fronts wear on the new ZE50 over the next year or so

·
Registered
476 Posts
Looks like the Michelin Primacy 4 195/55/16 91T XL will be standard for all Zoes new & old.
And Hope to see how the Michelin Primacy 4 Fronts wear on the new ZE50 over the next year or so
Yup, I asked what replaced the tyres I have, and he quoted the Michelin Primacy 4 - £120 each :oops:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looks like there's 2 types of Michelin Primacy 4 195/55/16 91T XL , Each with different tyre ratings A B & B A both still around the same price
at camskill there £80.90 each

( E) may mean eco in title on the 3rd tyre : 195/55/16 91T(E)XL but tyre noise is 70db instead of 69db

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I wouldn't worry about 70 db, we fitted the GT radials to the rear of wife's Zoe they are 71db but we don't hear any more noise. BTW they are only £47.09 on tyreleader ATM.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Id far rather than have an A for wet grip than an A for fuel economy.

I've actually got Michelin Alpin 6 tyres on my zoe at the moment and i believe they are an E for fuel economy and im still getting 3.5 - 4 even in winter with them on. It has been pretty mild lately however. Not even sure in real terms what difference the euro grading make percentage wise per letter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys i would like to let you know about my experience with tyre leader,after reading this post i ordered two demo tyres from tyre leader and they where delivered to my local tyre fitters.I went to have them fitted but was shocked by the wear to the tyre,basically they where good part worns and nowhere near barely used and the fitter agreed with me.I contacted tyre leader and it turns out although they have a co.uk name they are based in albania i explained the wear to the tyres and they said the tyres had done no more than 50km and basically not interested in any help.After numerous emails they finally agreed to collect the two tyres at a cost to me of £25 per tyre. I decided it was not worth sending them back and have now had them fitted but I'm not happy.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I contacted tyre leader and it turns out although they have a co.uk name they are based in albania i explained the wear to the tyres and they said the tyres had done no more than 50km and basically not interested in any help.After numerous emails they finally agreed to collect the two tyres at a cost to me of £25 per tyre. I decided it was not worth sending them back and have now had them fitted but I'm not happy.
Mine came from Germany? I was sent an email after ordering which said to check that I was happy with the order, and to return them with the delivery driver if not. They looked pretty much new to me, and the tyre fitter gave the one I had fitted a good look over and said it was fine.

It's worrying you've had a bad experience, and Albania???

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,711 Posts
Mine came from France. One was brand-new, the other was obviously driven with but I expect not more than a mile or two.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
The fitter should have backed up your claim ?

If you buy online the buyer distance rule's should apply and gives protection and even more if you pay but credit card or Paypal

I purchased mine via ( Credit card ) paypal and I know if things go wrong i would more than likely get my money back.
Paypal could freeze there account until its sorted or just take the money from the seller and give it back to the buyer and there
is nothing the seller can do.

Thats why some people have stopped selling on Ebay because the buyer always wins , and some people want something for nothing

·
Registered
4 Posts
They did finally agree that if i returned the tyres and they where found to be substandard they would give me a refund minus the £50 postage,i paid £146 so i would only get £96 back. I know about the distance selling regs but they are in albania.The credit card company won't help because they have offered a refund.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts