Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have I done here? I just dropped the back seats to fit some boxes in the boot, I then put them back and the middle one came all the way up, completely unattached at the end. I can't find anything in the manual and can't see an obvious latching point.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Did they disconnect that when replacing your invertor? There’s a battery disconnect under the rear seat squab. I wonder if the service guys have removed the middle belt and forgotten to reattach? May the bolt is still under there? There are videos on YouTube showing how to lift the rear squab.

Reactions: mattitheowl

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did they disconnect that when replacing your invertor? There’s a battery disconnect under the rear seat squab. I wonder if the service guys have removed the middle belt and forgotten to reattach? May the bolt is still under there? There are videos on YouTube showing how to lift the rear squab.
Looks like that might well be the case! Pretty shocking!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Looks like that might well be the case! Pretty shocking!
Well, you’ve got the number for National Customer Services if I remember correctly from your other thread.. I think they owe you more than an apology. You could have driven back from the service centre with someone using that belt.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, you’ve got the number for National Customer Services if I remember correctly from your other thread.. I think they owe you more than an apology. You could have driven back from the service centre with someone using that belt.
Sadly I haven't got their number. I dealt directly with the Leeds SC. They said they would give me the email address for the national customer support but the one they've given me bounces.

I really want to love this car, but it's getting to a point where I'm wondering what on earth I've signed up to.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You could be evil and report them to Trading Standards for the dangerous seat belt. Make sure they send out a mobile technician to fix it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could be evil and report them to Trading Standards for the dangerous seat belt. Make sure they send out a mobile technician to fix it.
My wife's lost the plot over it. And I guess she has a fair point. How do we know that any part of that car is actually safe now? My argument is how do you know any car is. But it's a pretty thing argument lol.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,952 Posts
My wife's lost the plot over it. And I guess she has a fair point. How do we know that any part of that car is actually safe now? My argument is how do you know any car is. But it's a pretty thing argument lol.
They had an issue before with seat belt bolts not tightened.

Just pull on all the other ones to make sure.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So what do people suggest I do. Because I'm very close to telling them to take the car back and get me another one (bearing in mind I've had possession for a grand total of 3 days now.

Whenever I've had issues with garages in the past I've always been able to bargain something out of them, but I don't get the impression Tesla work like that.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,952 Posts
You can’t get them to take the car back just because a technician made an error.

You’d have to point out a serious persistent fault that can’t be resolved.

All service centres make mistakes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can’t get them to take the car back just because a technician made an error.

You’d have to point out a serious persistent fault that can’t be resolved.

All service centres make mistakes.
I've had it a month and so far it's needed a new rear motor inverter unit, after it died and locked me out, leaving us stranded, and then I get it back and the seat belt isn't attached (but looked like it was until I folded the seats).

As my wife asked "do you feel safe in it?".

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,952 Posts
Whenever I've had issues with garages in the past I've always been able to bargain something out of them, but I don't get the impression Tesla work like that.
Bargain for what exactly?

The technician missed a bolt - they’ll replace it and torque it up, apologise.

Why does everyone want something for being ‘wronged’ these days?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,952 Posts
I've had it a month and so far it's needed a new rear motor inverter unit, after it died and locked me out, leaving us stranded, and then I get it back and the seat belt isn't attached (but looked like it was until I folded the seats).

As my wife asked "do you feel safe in it?".
Yep, it happens.

Please don’t tell me this can’t happen with a Jaguar, BMW or Audi.

Is it fixed now? Why would you feel any more unsafe than in any other EV?

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts
So what do people suggest I do. Because I'm very close to telling them to take the car back and get me another one (bearing in mind I've had possession for a grand total of 3 days now.

I don’t think asking a swapped car is sensible/justified here. However, asking some serious and direct questions about this mistake, who’s result could be manslaughter (or more realistically the death of your child in the event of an accident), can happen? I feel like any work requiring removal of the restraint system should be checked by a second technician to make sure the work is good, or better yet the vehicle designed so that it’s not necessary to remove the seat belts to service the inverter! (Assuming that is what has happens here)

if the service is not to blame it’s a factory problem, so then I’d be asking when will the recall be raised to make sure other 3’s are not missing that bolt.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep, it happens.

Please don’t tell me this can’t happen with a Jaguar, BMW or Audi.

Is it fixed now? Why would you feel any more unsafe than in any other EV?
Nothing to do with it being an EV. But generally if something breaks down in a car, you aren't locked out of it completely and can't move it.

As for wanting something for being wronged, so far I've paid a month and a half lease and had my car for 3 days. It will have to go back to the SC AGAIN at my own time and expense, I don't live next door to it. It's generally called customer service!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,952 Posts
Nothing to do with it being an EV. But generally if something breaks down in a car, you aren't locked out of it completely and can't move it.

As for wanting something for being wronged, so far I've paid a month and a half lease and had my car for 3 days. It will have to go back to the SC AGAIN at my own time and expense, I don't live next door to it. It's generally called customer service!
Sorry, did you not have a loaner car?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts