Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Due to the lack of customer service at my dealership and the lies my delaership tells the car might be returned back to the delaership for a refund and go to another Manufacturer that I've used in the past and know them quite well, thing is might be 2-3 months wait and only a 1 car family :S

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
984 Posts
If you need a car in the short term, Onto/Evezy have Renault Zoe ZE50's available immediately at the moment. There's a referral code in my signature, and if you ask you can sometimes get further deals on the car.

With that said, returning the car sounds a little extreme. Kia is normally actually pretty reliable especially with EVs so the car itself should be solid and anything minor can likely be resolved.

I don't know the full story here, but have you tried complaining? Speaking to head office? Or even trying a different dealer if there is another not too far away?

If I was you, I'd think very carefully before doing such a thing, especially when considering what you may replace it with will quite possibly be a compromise that may not be as good, not to mention the wait and maybe the extra expense depending on what you go for.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,386 Posts
Hi Guys,
Due to the lack of customer service at my dealership and the lies my delaership tells the car might be returned back to the delaership for a refund and go to another Manufacturer that I've used in the past and know them quite well, thing is might be 2-3 months wait and only a 1 car family :S
Do you mind sharing the name of the offending dealer?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,900 Posts
I'd try changing dealer first and make a formal complaint to Kia UK with a list of what they've done wrong. Bad dealers bring down a brand quite quickly.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have been in constant contact with Kia UK throughout all of this and told them the last things and the lies so hopefully today I'll hear from them rather than the useless Dealer on a resolution.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can you share a little more about those lies? Anything the rest of us should take into consideration when dealing with their dealer?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Hi Guys,
Cant you just use a different dealer?

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
could do but I'd think they might not want to get involved in another dealers business

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
could do but I'd think they might not want to get involved in another dealers business
Context is all. If the lies are minor, another dealer would welcome the business. If a dealer has caused major damage and lied about it, you would have to take normal actions to recover your loss

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay I had a call Wednesday at 5pm from the Dealer saying we have a car booked for you did you not get a call from the bodyshop my response was no nothing, called the detailer the next day he had no booking at all and no phonecall from the dealer, bodyshop had absolutely no conversation from the dealer since middle of July so thats why those to me were lies.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how odd had a call from said person at Birchwood earlier, bodyshop booked (Bring my car to the dealer and they will drive it 2 minutes to bodyshop) in on the 7th September and the detailer booked in afterwards yet when I asked the detailer the next booking would be four weeks.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay here goes the full story are we sitting confortably.
Unfortunately for some collected car on the 13th March, 4 days later got a call from the dealer asking how the car was I stated it has a cover up scratch done badly, went down to the dealership 16th March to show them they agreed it wasn't right and said they have to wait for a paint depth gauge then lockdown started. July went down once dealers could open up again showed them the covered up scratch as well as bad application of ceramic coating and burned polish marks on the roof and other rears of the car, told to go to the bodyshop to show them both parts which I said okay drove to the bodyshop myself but was told by them we are unable to do the polishing marks but here are details of a detailer that might help, visited the detailer and under his light it was shocking the botch job that was done and the burned polish maks were a a joke, quote from the bodyshop was accepted as goodwill by Kia UK, gave the after sales manager the quote on the 20th July so he could get that authorised heard nothing so went in Friday 14th August and the after sales manager was away but would get a call monday, nothing till Wednesday 19th August the after sales manager said we have a loan car for you as your car was booked into the bodyshop and asked if I had been contacted to which I replied no have heard nothing, emailled the detailer and bodyshop and they both replied we have heard nothing from Birchwood Kia, the detailer had heard nothing since before I got the quote and the bodyshop had not heard anything since the quote was accepted.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
188 Posts
My take: dealer with bad logisitcs and communication, Kia not to blame and the car itself seems to give no problems whatsoever.

I doubt you can even return the car with these issues and IMO you shouldn' t since there's nothing wrong with the car itself.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not all dealers in the Kia group are poor. I took my new e-Niro to a dealer a bit further away rather than my local purely because my local weren't as helpful on phone. I needed a new rear camera. They said needed car to check then have car back later as part not in stock and could be weeks. Other dealer checked car, got new camera next day and I collected car 10am 2 days after dropping it off. They were excellent as is the car so change dealers.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
My local in town dealer is known throughout Scotland to be a right scumbag regardless of the marque of car including cheap and expensive. Last visit there included a free scratch right down the windscreen.
So a 80 mile round trip to a decent other dealer is worth the extra time IMHO.

·
Registered
559 Posts
You won’t be able to return the car, so just get it fixed and send them the bill if they are being incompetent, or keep at them.
Those are your options...

·
Registered
17 Posts
My local in town dealer is known throughout Scotland to be a right scumbag regardless of the marque of car including cheap and expensive. Last visit there included a free scratch right down the windscreen.
So a 80 mile round trip to a decent other dealer is worth the extra time IMHO.
Surely not Arnold Clark? :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts