Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
New to the electric car I have a Peugeot e20008 wondering what sort of milage ppl get. I do a 16 mile journey all motorway and it’s reduced the milage by 40 miles thought I would be better than this any help would be good thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
How new is your car as it takes several journeys to establish your driving pattern/style. After about a month the cars GOM was really accurate.

My e208 is 7 months old now, summer it was averaging 4.7miles per kWh, now I'm getting 2.6 miles per kWh.

Have you got a home charger, if so, I wouldn't concern yourself too much.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Whatever the WLTP figure is, estimate 70% of that as the winter range. Cold batteries hold less charge, tyres are colder and stiffer, air is denser, more heating required, and damp or wet roads increase drag a lot. Best way to improve range in these conditions is drive slower and check your tyre pressures. Using heated seats and steering wheel uses less leccy than heating entire cabin.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

thank you for your comments the car is great only had it 2 weeks so still brand new. Hoping this is the case as it is the range would be poor a 16 mile journey using 40 miles lol I’d read it has to learn just a little apprehensive for a long journey but do have a home charge so as long as I can get home lol
Thanks

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,929 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Even add a couple of pounds. Used to do this on the Zoe. Would add a couple of m/kWh.
Fine, but otoh I'd say be careful with doing this! EVs have low rolling resistane tyres fitted which don't have the greatest grip in winter as a rule, and adding a couple of psi over the recommended is only going to reduce that grip a bit more! I've seen a recommendation in Ampera manual I think it was, suggesting that winter tyre pressures could be set a couple of psi below the usual summer! Presumably in an attempt to make the tyre less rigid, more supple, and so better able to get some grip in snow etc.

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,929 Posts
Oh yes, quite agree. Maybe I should have added that caveat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts