Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newby question - did a journey today the odometer trip says 125 miles(confirmed by Google) but according to Nissan EV driving history it was only 105 miles, am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Welcome @Frogprints to the club.
I do not have a specific answer but I would assume that, like most things to do with Nissan Connect EV, it is just really bad. After the initial interest in the connected side of things I probably haven't even looked at any online car data for 18 months.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Was it a single journey or a number of journeys?
Nissan connect only seems to send data for the previous trip when you accept the terms and conditions before your next journey.
So, if you did a 120 mile journey and then stopped at the shops, then did 5 miles home then it might only upload the data for the 120 mile journey. At least this is what I've experienced.
After a day or so they seem to get fully up to date.

I'm not sure what happens if you don't accept the terms and conditions, in theory it should not record that journey for "data protection" reasons.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I very rarely accept the terms and conditions just hit another button to get off the message.
I should jump online and see if anything is recorded.
Now what were my log in details?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was it a single journey or a number of journeys?
Nissan connect only seems to send data for the previous trip when you accept the terms and conditions before your next journey.
So, if you did a 120 mile journey and then stopped at the shops, then did 5 miles home then it might only upload the data for the 120 mile journey. At least this is what I've experienced.
After a day or so they seem to get fully up to date.

I'm not sure what happens if you don't accept the terms and conditions, in theory it should not record that journey for "data protection" reasons.
Ah! Interesting, it was a single journey and I always accept the T&C. Just checked and, as you say, the figure today is correct! Still curious why that should happen but thanks amyway:)

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
It mainly happens because Nissan online services are rubbish.
Who knows what happens. Some days it says I've done many more journeys than I've actually done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts