Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I suppose, I introduce myself here. Hi, I own a vehicle related to the Miles electric mentioned in the thread title. Being that I now reside in Europe, I have never seen one of those, here. Instead, the original Japanese gasoline-powered versions were marketed, until 2013. Because the popularity of these underestimated cars proved unfeasable for further marketing, further shipment of Daihatsu vehicles has since then been discontinued. Most all other Japanese brands had factories in the European Union which eliminated tarifs. Because, Daihatsu was in the business of selling minimalist-type vehicles, this was a concept not successful for winning over customers preferring numerous options, resulting in minimal profits, compared to the other brands which offered most everything. Since European-assembled Japanese brands enjoyed freedom from tarifs, they had this advantage over manufacturers who decided to manufacture all of their vehicles at home.
While typing "Miles" into the forum's search engine, the only result I have so far gotten were posts related to the unit of measurement. So, if this vehicle was at one point in time previously mentioned, it'll take a while to find that out. That's why I'm starting an entirely new thread.
I own a Daihatsu MOVE of which ist the predecessor to the second series MOVE of which the Miles vehicle was based on. Aside from the drivetrain, the only other major differences are the modified floorpan, designed to accomodate additional batteries and possible heavy duty springs, because of the added vehicle's curb weight. Being that the drivetrain sits in a cradle, there should not have been a reason for the Chinese factory of whom have built the electric version under license to have modified the basic chassis. As it looks, the Daihatsu cradle should be interchangable with that of the Miles. Furthermore, because of baterry science having advanced considerable, since the Miles was last marketed, modern lithium units, as well as a higher voltage motor should be able to replace the original 12 volt system. Here in Europe, these gasoline-powered vehicles are licensed for freeway driving, meaning that the suspension systems of the 25 m.p.h. - limited U.S. versions aren't inferior to any other vehicle of this design.
My plan is either to buy the second series Daihatsu MOVE and update it with Miles components or to import a Miles electric and modify it as previously mentioned, including the electronics for facilitating speeds comparable to the gasoline-powered version or that of other electric vehicles sold here.
Here is the one I own:

Here is the gasoline-powered version nearly identicle to the Miles ZX 40s:

Here is the original Miles electric:

·
Registered
56 Posts
nice username.

I have never seen or heard of these, its certainly a rare car over here by that measure! I like the sticker on the "gas tank" :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the Move or Perdua Kenari as it’s called in Europe ever come with a diesel?
I own a 2005 Miles zx40 and would love to convert it back to gas, I’ve looked at Brit car sales and these cars seem cheap enough, not sure how I could import one as parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts