Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at MK Coachway this morning - has to come x-country when we found M4 jammed.
Normally I need one charge but coming direct got me here with 19 miles remaining - couldn't fault it.
Found the new triple-head rapid - very handy - though that will make good use of the wait time. Plugged in - no card required. Set it to standard charge and left it. Came back -stopped at 42% tried every permutation of percentage and duration. No improvement. Max still 42%! A total gain of 9 miles.
Pretty cheesed off indeed; however, who do I complain to. The unit has no badging and the screen reveals nothing either.
Thank you MK for installing a 'white elephant' - but I'm not amused - April Fools Day, is not until tomorrow!

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's a chargemaster post. Send complaints to the usual contact details.
You can try the other chargemaster rapid at the bmw dealer around the corner.

Or go up to NP services / Ikea for the ecotricity rapids.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
That's a chargemaster post. Send complaints to the usual contact details.
You can try the other chargemaster rapid at the bmw dealer around the corner.

Or go up to NP services / Ikea for the ecotricity rapids.
You can't use the one at bmw I was there today test driving the i3 and it was down

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i took the opportunty to make a social call with Chargemaster and charge up at the same time! They were clear that they were grateful for all the recent feedback and were taking the feedback very seriously. However they were very tight lipped about what would happen next. We talked about PAYG App (due tomorrow) but I didnt see it! Had a demo of the funtionality of enabling the charge over the net! But it only eliminated the card swipe, still all those keypress for % your can get and longer charge time that you cant get! However, they were happy to get user comments.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
When I had a test drive today at BMW, the guy said he thinks they have made a big mistake getting in bed with charge master. He said the prices are unrealistic, I think he worries it will stall the EV take up.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I had a test drive today at BMW, the guy said he thinks they have made a big mistake getting in bed with charge master. He said the prices are unrealistic,...
I'm not sure his view was balanced, its BMW charge their customers £20 annual fee for Charge Now and minimum of £50 per month, which doesn't seem to buy you anything? I quote "ChargeNow gives you access to the charging stations but does not include the cost of charging, the cost of charging varies across charging stations, some are free and some charge by the hour..."
Surely that means of an i3 driver is paying £50 more than any other Chargemaster Customer? OK, he get his home consumption on the same bill, which I get free from EDF (though not integrated). The proverbial kettle and pot are both black!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I'm not sure his view was balanced, its BMW charge their customers £20 annual fee for Charge Now and minimum of £50 per month, which doesn't seem to buy you anything? I quote "ChargeNow gives you access to the charging stations but does not include the cost of charging, the cost of charging varies across charging stations, some are free and some charge by the hour..."
Surely that means of an i3 driver is paying £50 more than any other Chargemaster Customer? OK, he get his home consumption on the same bill, which I get free from EDF (though not integrated). The proverbial kettle and pot are both black!
Have to do a lot of EV miles to make £600 a year a genuinely "good deal"?!

Weirdness all round at the moment.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Oh right, the charging system with free maintenance thrown in. I guess tyres etc are free and it's the electricity that costs all the money.

As far as I can tell those packages just throw in a free charging cable, not sure why you'd pick one if you didn't want the thing it was sold with.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh right, the charging system with free maintenance thrown in. I guess tyres etc are free and it's the electricity that costs all the money...
Yes I stand corrected for £600 you get main too. Which I understand on my Mitsu is £100 per year!
But i don think main include tyres - only the servicing as schooled in the book! Even adding Maint its a huge amount of £600 is a lot of cash for not a lot! (IMHO) o_O

1 - 20 of 22 Posts