Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently acquired a new Mini PHEV, does anyone use the Mini Connected App ?

I was under the impression the app would give some sort of info / stats about the charging / electric range side of things?

Does anyone use the app with the PHEV and can confirm the availability of info ?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Recently acquired a new Mini PHEV, does anyone use the Mini Connected App ?

I was under the impression the app would give some sort of info / stats about the charging / electric range side of things?

Does anyone use the app with the PHEV and can confirm the availability of info ?
I took one look at it and wrote it off as being useless. I think there is a second generation version that works with the cars that have 4G SIM cards. The first gen version seemed to have no useful functionality at all, i couldn't use it to e.g. precondition the car. And anyway, once I set up the timer to precondition in winter then I was quite satisfied. I think with a PHEV with such a limited range like this car then after the first flush of ownership you give up worrying about range, charging stats, etc. because the petrol engine will always be there....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had trouble at first with the App only showing basic data and being unable to control the car (e.g open doors, flash lights, set pre-heating, etc.). In the end I contacted Mini and they added my account, as it had not setup correctly. Then after logging out and logging back in on the App, while connected to the car via USB, it all worked.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We recently took delivery of 19 plate Countryman PHEV. The Connected App allows me to lock / unlock doors (always works) and switch between immediate and timed charge (50/50 success rate). But I can’t change the pre-conditioning time from the App. Works fine from the car but that is defeating the purpose of the App. I have had an ongoing email exchange with Mini Connected App support but all they keep suggesting is to delete the app and reinstall and “Update Mini Services” from the car console. Has anyone got the time change working reliably?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Version 10.6 of the app released today, installed and as if by magic the departure time can now be set via the app. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts