1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like there’s a case of “don’t care,
I’m only here to do my job”

(this is new install at Friern Barnet retail park, north London)

·
Registered
40kW Leaf Tekna & 22kW Zoë Q210 dynamique intens
627 Posts
Disabled charge point...

Disabled’s need to charge too ya know.

Have they only just started installing those in London??!

There a bit behind the times down there! 😉

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
612 Posts
It looks a bit confusing!

Not sure if that disabled bay is for any blue badge holder, or just when charging? It's not marked EV only. Anyway, good luck if they need easy access on the passenger side (or the driver's side if it's a car that needs to reverse in to charge).

I guess if I don't need the disabled space, but do need the rapid, I park in the next bay along? Which blocks off an AC point. And is impossible if my charge flap is on the rear-right or front-left. So maybe I park in the disabled bay after all.

Bay on the far left can't reach any sockets, but maybe there's more going in later?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Spare a thought for the poor disabled driver who has to ICE the charge point?

Now there’s a moral dilemma for you! 😂

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
612 Posts
Looks like it's here, so plenty of other disabled parking on that row; they could mark this one as EV only.

Reactions: wyx087

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The rapid seems perfectly positioned for the charge port on a Model 3 if you park in the last EV bay.

·
Registered
627 Posts
A Leaf can use any of them!
I have a Leaf and a Zoe they both nose charge, I have also had a BMW PHEV the beemer was a total pain in the arse to charge!

It’s a no brainier the only reason that Elon didn’t fit nose chargers is because he configured all of his super charge stations to be reversed into and all points are on the correct side.

Nose chargers are infinitely more practical, reluctant ice manufacturers, just haven’t moved the flap.

That doesn’t make it right though!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Audi thought about it then got cold feet two-thirds of the way there.
The mind boggles!

I know at least a dozen people that can’t reverse park into a spot, my wife as a new driver included!

What are these manufacturers thinking??

Maybe they are banking on self driving making this an irrelevant.

I on street charge, I park both of my EV’s nose to nose and swap the type 2 between them.

Try doing that with 2 Tesla’s!

would you really want to park your car on a narrow road on street with a huge charge plug sticking out of the side of it traffic side?

It’s going to get ripped out of the side of the vehicle!

When these things leave people’s driveways and hit the streets on mass nose charging is the only solution that will work.

·
Banned
367 Posts
One thing that I find annoying is these Allego charging points in the cities, that offer 2 sockets, just between two parking spots front to back. When the aft charging point is occupied, I need to park facing the opposite direction to be able to charge. But in some countries, it's illegal to park against the driving direction.
Can't they just standardise to front charging so that they can also place the charge points accordingly? How many Tesla's need to smash into Superchargers for Musk to realise that reversing into a Supercharger is a bad idea?

Can we move on from the "think different" approach and more towards globalisation, ie how can we all make it easy for the consumer?

How about CCS vs. Chademo?
Why the hell are most moving towards CCS when Chademo is more reliable and offers bi-directional capabilities?

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
In the first pic, as someone else pointed out, the left-most bay can't reach anything. It looks like someone got the measurements wrong when painting the bays, and they are shifted one place to the left.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,912 Posts
How about CCS vs. Chademo?
Why the hell are most moving towards CCS when Chademo is more reliable and offers bi-directional capabilities?
The delights of the EU controlled by the Germans. :devilish: I look forward to the normal screams of the EU knows best etc. ;) from those who think it can do no wrong.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,888 Posts
Seems like there’s a case of “don’t care,
I’m only here to do my job”

View attachment 143697

(this is new install at Friern Barnet retail park, north London)
Guess what, the guys who install the charger don't paint the lines.

This happened quite a bit with Supercharger installs, where the charger got installed and then the markings got done later by a contractor.

I'm sure it will get sorted in due course and your blood pressure can resume to a normal level.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts