Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am deeply saddened to have failed in my mission to convince my father in law to convert to an EV. I have presented him with numerous business cases for the Model S or an Outlander PHEV and even threatened him with emotional blackmail over the future he is leaving for his 18 month old grand daughter.

Alas it has come to nothing and I have just found him red handed with a Porsche Cayman R in his drive. You can see my leaf in the foreground blocking him in :)

But to add insult to injury I have now found this in his garage,

who the hell buys a petrol lawnmower for a 7m x 7m garden!

I feel slightly sick! But that may be to much sun and ice cream today.

At least the seagulls agree with me.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I am deeply saddened to have failed in my mission to convince my father in law to convert to an EV. I have presented him with numerous business cases for the Model S or an Outlander PHEV and even threatened him with emotional blackmail over the future he is leaving for his 18 month old grand daughter.

Alas it has come to nothing and I have just found him red handed with a Porsche Cayman R in his drive. You can see my leaf in the foreground blocking him in :)

But to add insult to injury I have now found this in his garage,

who the hell buys a petrol lawnmower for a 7m x 7m garden!

I feel slightly sick! But that may be to much sun and ice cream today.

At least the seagulls agree with me.
To be fair, most people have dreamt about owning a Porsche for far longer than owning a tesla ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grrr that was his only justification - "I just wanted one" but I still think an EV better suits his needs. Retired, high assets but limited income, high mileage but only the middle 200 miles of the country and he has time on his hands if he needs to break a journey overnight or for a meal while charging.

But then I have dreamt about owning a Tesla far longer than about owning a Porsche :)

Maybe it'll be a generational thing....and I still won't forgive him over than petrol lawnmower. :p

·
Registered
704 Posts
It must be very exciting and give great pleasure to have a new porche, just as long as one does not come alongside a Model S at the traffic lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts