Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having purchased my Kia second hand, I have two manuals, the Owners Manual which is 550 pages, and a Standard Class Navigation Manual, slightly thinner ( but in 18 languages ) with only eleven pages in English, and it is rather brief on information.

It has a QR code which I don't understand and reference to a web page for an online manual. Is there any other documentation that I am missing about how to set a destination in the Sat Nav for example. All this seems to assume that you have a smartphone with an internet connection, not that I would consider that method satisfactory. Should there have been a simple idiots guide to fulfilling basic operations. If so I would appreciate it if someone could photograph it if not too many pages.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the link that's mentioned in the manual, a bit difficult to carry my desktop PC with me in the car, apart from a long lead to plug it in :ROFLMAO: So not very helpful in KIA's part then for non smartphone users.

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
359 Posts
Having purchased my Kia second hand, I have two manuals, the Owners Manual which is 550 pages, and a Standard Class Navigation Manual, slightly thinner ( but in 18 languages ) with only eleven pages in English, and it is rather brief on information.

It has a QR code which I don't understand and reference to a web page for an online manual. Is there any other documentation that I am missing about how to set a destination in the Sat Nav for example. All this seems to assume that you have a smartphone with an internet connection, not that I would consider that method satisfactory. Should there have been a simple idiots guide to fulfilling basic operations. If so I would appreciate it if someone could photograph it if not too many pages.
Press nav in the car and search by poi postcode or place name, or depending on the model of car if you have the UVO app do a search in that and send to the car, it shows on the screen at startup. Just done it today so I know it works. Add favourites in the app as well which can be saved as home office 1 2 and 3 on butts on the nav screen. Not recommend to put home address in though. Good luck.

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
359 Posts
That's the link that's mentioned in the manual, a bit difficult to carry my desktop PC with me in the car, apart from a long lead to plug it in :ROFLMAO: So not very helpful in KIA's part then for non smartphone users.
Is it possible to look at it on the PC and print off any helpful information.
To be honest once you’ve played with the Nav screen a few times and set a few destinations you’ll be fine.
Ask again if you get stuck.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The UVO app also assumes a smartphone! why do they make cars so difficult to use, surely you should be able to get in a car and use it's normal operations without being connected to the Web. Looks like I shall be printing my own manual then :mad:

·
Registered
468 Posts
You could indeed print the manual, or you could get a cheap tablet if the printed version is too big, and load the manual there.

So, you buy a smart car, but you don't have a smart phone?

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a car to fill up with electrons instead of diesel, it's still a car at the end of the day, I don't buy an amplifier for my guitar and then expect to have to download a manual or use a smartphone to be able to play music.

I'm now looking at smartphones, that is bewildering !

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'd say comparing a guitar to a car with many electronic systems is a non-starter in your argument.

So, your point was you wanted to be supplied a printed manual with the car?

Or the fact when you bought it used, the seller did not provide the one he got?

Greg

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
359 Posts
I bought a car to fill up with electrons instead of diesel, it's still a car at the end of the day, I don't buy an amplifier for my guitar and then expect to have to download a manual or use a smartphone to be able to play music.

I'm now looking at smartphones, that is bewildering !
You need to say the Eniro model that you’ve bought as UVO does not work with the first edition.
So therefore not worth buying a smartphone.
Like I’ve said before just play with the settings in the car after putting it in utility mode.
The head unit is fairly intuitive and works well, save some money and hold off buying a smartphone.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ Yacht Blue. Jan 2021
156 Posts
His sig says '4'.

The UVO app is really useful, but not at all necessary.
Everything the app does you can just do in the car (setting charging times, etc).
I do find it useful though. If my wife is sending me on an errand (usually a facebay collection), instead of writing the postcode on a scrap of paper and then typing it into the car, I can do it directly from my phone.
Not life-changing, but handy.

As others have said, the system is pretty user-friendly, and works just like any other sat nav. The manual is not very good, so just give it a try and google any questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts