Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys .. Can anyone tell me where the speed cameras have gone on the ze50 tom tom.
They were all on the ze40 nav system, but I passed about a dozen different cameras in watford in the Ze50 today and not one was shown on the map.
Is there some sort of setting that I can't find to make them appear.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just spoke to Renault and there isn't a setting to turn on or off speed cameras so it's being escalated as to why there are no cameras on my map.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi guys .. Can anyone tell me where the speed cameras have gone on the ze50 tom tom.
They were all on the ze40 nav system, but I passed about a dozen different cameras in watford in the Ze50 today and not one was shown on the map.
Is there some sort of setting that I can't find to make them appear.
Hello also from Watford - since I got mine yesterday the only speed camera I've been past was in Whippendale Road on the way back from the garage and it alerted me over that one. Also warned me of the non-existent traffic light camera entering the ring road from the M1 - you've reminded me I need to look to see how to disable that. Actually have Camera Alert from PocketGPSWorld running on my phone so not missed any so far.

Which ones has it not alerted you on? As I'm local I might go for a double check in case it's your maps.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello also from Watford - since I got mine yesterday the only speed camera I've been past was in Whippendale Road on the way back from the garage and it alerted me over that one. Also warned me of the non-existent traffic light camera entering the ring road from the M1 - you've reminded me I need to look to see how to disable that. Actually have Camera Alert from PocketGPSWorld running on my phone so not missed any so far.

Which ones has it not alerted you on? As I'm local I might go for a double check in case it's your maps.
Hi there....So far none from Balmoral road all the way to rickmanswoth Waitrose... several on that route... and when I scroll map to look anywhere.. nothing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I might take a drive tonight - could it be a case you were missing the alert ping and camera warning icon and that they can not be seen on the map ? (just wondering if the new Renault multimedia system does not show them due to the legal situation in France (where camera warnings are illegal))

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you see any on your display in any route or random road let me know.. According to Renault they should be there

·
Registered
84 Posts
Interesting ...
I too have an upgrade going on at the moment, will check tomorrow to confirm it is over.
As to cameras - every one I passed in the direction of travel was alerted about with plenty of time spare, however many were not shown on the map. However however, all the cameras between Balmoral Rd and Rickmansworth Waitrose were shown on the map ... - that is the map on the Easy-Link main screen, but not on the dashboard map.

Here was my setup - the phone is running Camera Alert by PocketGPSWorld (I have a sub) - this allowed me to confirm the car was alerting properly and I knew cameras were coming up if I'd forgotten they were there.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting ...
I too have an upgrade going on at the moment, will check tomorrow to confirm it is over.
As to cameras - every one I passed in the direction of travel was alerted about with plenty of time spare, however many were not shown on the map. However however, all the cameras between Balmoral Rd and Rickmansworth Waitrose were shown on the map ... - that is the map on the Easy-Link main screen, but not on the dashboard map.
View attachment 131369
Here was my setup - the phone is running Camera Alert by PocketGPSWorld (I have a sub) - this allowed me to confirm the car was alerting properly and I knew cameras were coming up if I'd forgotten they were there.
I wonder what's wrong with mine that it doesn't show any cameras... perhaps one of the licences have still to be authorised... they told me to wait for 72 hours so will see by Friday if anything has changed.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Just use CarPlay and waze. The mapping in zoe is trash and will rarely get updated if the last model is anything to go by.

also pic above, people still use phone cradles? Wow why?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well this morning I checked and yesterday's update was complete, however I then checked and another update started. I assume they are not bundling fixes for multiple systems (which can bring risk if one is corrupt) and being a new car the patches are flooding out at present.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oddly enough, after two (or more) over the air updates yetserday and today one of the camera which previously was missing is now showing ..... - not got map updates sorted yet as I'm still waiting for my car to register through the phone app.

On mapping quality - Easy-Link uses Tomtom, the previous system (as was in my 1st gen Duster) did not, plus there are OTA updates, which makes life a lot easier on both sides. I did a test run yesterday (about 25 miles each way) and that gave me a decent route, the same I would normally use, and not the longer one previous sat navs have shown, so improvement there. BTW be careful of Waze. I would trust it's traffic navigation far more than Google Maps, however being open source and allowing end user updates and submissions, it is occasionally open to abuse and meddling.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts