Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read some info suggesting the imiev has a different battery chemistry - the SCiB - which has 2 to 3 more charging cycles than those in the Leaf.

If true wonder how this is turning out in the real world. Makes the imiev look a good option given the rapid network even with the slightly shorter range.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Thats interesting Steve, and its funny cos I just checked the Zoe manual and it gives no specific charging guidance which is suprising as the battery belongs to Renault . If charging cycles was important then you would think they would tell people the best way to maintain capacity. I hope when my battery lease expires in 3 years the Leaf / tesla degeneration issues will have been clarified.

·
Registered
Peugeot iON 2013, Renault Zoe 50 2020
464 Posts
The SCiB battery for the IMiEV is a Japan only option. 14 KWh versus 16 KWh for the 'regular' battery. It is apparently better able to cope with frequent rapid charging, and I believe Japan has a very widespread network of ChaDeMo rapid chargers.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The SCiB battery for the IMiEV is a Japan only option. 14 KWh versus 16 KWh for the 'regular' battery. It is apparently better able to cope with frequent rapid charging, and I believe Japan has a very widespread network of ChaDeMo rapid chargers.
Interesting. Got the info from posts a few years so maybe early japanese imports? A good second hand buy perhaps.

·
Registered
456 Posts
There is the guy from Portugal in the other mitsubishi i-miev forums, so far he did 73.000 don't remember miles or km, but still an amazing figure. There's video on YouTube him doing 203km within one charge and still 3 bars remaining. He has very little of battery degradation, just a few per cent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts