Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New to owning a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and only just had this delivered. So far so good but today I went to charge at a public point (with my Charge Place Scotland card) and the charging station had no leads. Obviously, I'm showing that I know nothing about EV! The outlander did come with a "granny charger" but that is all. I drove to another public car park and did find a station with the leads connected.

Should I have been supplied with two different leads?

Thanks
Ross

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi no you only the slow feed charge lead.
you need to buy a type 2 lead. Are you going to have a home charger? or just rely on the supplied lead

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave, really appreciate you clarifying that for me. I have contacted two companies for home charger price and will apply for a grant also. The issue with this is I have my touring caravan in my drive and require a 10m lead to reach the bottom of the drive. I'm hoping that home charging points will come with this option of a 10m lead!

·
Registered
112 Posts
The car is only supplied with the 'granny' lead, but you can buy a type 2 to type 1 cable in order to plug into charging posts.
Don't forget that the Phev also has a Chademo input for rapid charging. Those chargers have a tethered cable, so you don't have to supply anything else.
If you need a 10 metre cable at home, have your home charger untethered, so that you can buy a third party 10 metre cable. For the Mitsu you only need a 16 amp cable, so that will save you about £30.

Hi All,
New to owning a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and only just had this delivered. So far so good but today I went to charge at a public point (with my Charge Place Scotland card) and the charging station had no leads. Obviously, I'm showing that I know nothing about EV! The outlander did come with a "granny charger" but that is all. I drove to another public car park and did find a station with the leads connected.

Should I have been supplied with two different leads?

Thanks
Ross
the

1 - 4 of 4 Posts