Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this lots of times lately - is it an attempt to look like you're charging to keep the traffic wardens at bay? Or is it someone who's killed the session remotely maybe?

image.jpg

·
Registered
610 Posts
They're getting to be a pest. They're only electric to get tax breaks etc (no real ev range) and seem to be abusing charge posts daily.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
For most MK commuters they'd cover both ways of your commute in and out of CMK and even more if you charge as you work, or shop, depending on what you're commuting for.

No shortage of available posts in Milton Keynes either.

·
Super Moderator
5,892 Posts
They're getting to be a pest. They're only electric to get tax breaks etc (no real ev range) and seem to be abusing charge posts daily.

How do you know why every Outlander owner chose their car?

I agree that some will have made the choice for the tax breaks but you can't tar every owner with the same brush. The average british car drivers about 40 miles a day so 3/4 of that range with no charge is still a significant amout of co2 saved.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The EVSE does not lock in......

Done to avoid traffic wardens in MK as then you do not pay for parking if you have charged!

Some spaces are reserved for EV only, some are free for all after a certain time!

Would it turn blue when charging finished?

More money than sense if you charge there!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The bays that don't say "reserved" on the posts are available for EVs any time, for free. No need to pay and display, no need to plug in.

I don't agree with the comment above about Outlander drivers being a pest. I have an Ampera, and the company car tax breaks were the main reason - but most days I do sub-20 miles, so most of my mileage is EV.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Absolutely untrue
That was my understanding, but the warden said the interpritation of "Parking will remain free of charge in the EV bays and EV motorists will only pay for the charge they draw down, not per hour spent parked, i.e. if they park at 9am and only use £1 of charge, they can remain in the space for the remainder of the day without making additional payment." is that you must have charged at some point to qualify for 'free' parking!

I am just passing on what the warden said..... he also stated the only ones that are 'reserved' are the ones that say Electric Vehicles ONLY on the parking signs!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've had 1 PCN this year for this, and it was cancelled. The wardens don't understand the rules, but Sara Bailey (Parking Manager @ MK Council) emailed me to confirm they're free to park in.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts