Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I’ve had my car for over 5 years now, just gone out to move it and I’m sure the silver trim on the chassis under the door (when it’s shut) used to light up with a thin white LED strip. Can anyone with a Mk7 confirm this please.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Does on the MK7.5 guessing the MK7 is the same.
Shouldn't it be blue?
Thought the GTD was White, GTi Red, Golf R and GTE blue.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
A colleague of mine with a Mk7.5 had this issue, loose connector under door trim was the cause.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A colleague of mine with a Mk7.5 had this issue, loose connector under door trim was the cause.
Thanks @tom66 for info. Car is due in for a service shortly so I’ll ask them to have a look. Slightly concerned as the entire brake servo, pedal assembly was changed not long before the 5 year warranty ran out and wonder if it’s related.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So my car is back from the dealer after a minor service and I’ve just been told both trims need replacing and they’re not sure if they’re warranty items. They need to ask VW when the car is in but can’t do beforehand 🤦‍♂️

Apparently they’ve checked the wiring and this is all ok but I just can’t believe both have failed together plus they’re LED units which are normally bombproof.

I’ll seek out another dealership and ask them to take a look.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just another thought, but is the brightness set to zero/min, in the infotainment?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
On my Mk7 it's blue, and it's still working.

You can turn it off on the infotainment unit, so check there first, the unit has a habit of losing settings occasionally.

Otherwise it'll be in some wiring diagram somewhere that I likely have around, if you need it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks both for the prompt replies. I've checked the settings and the brightness is on 50% and I cannot see where you can turn on or off, they're on with the lights. I'm tempted to pop one of the units out at the weekend and check the voltage but don't want to damage the trim or plastic surround.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts