Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
I am guessing Passat owners with the same battery but heavier car get 30-34 ?
For the last couple of weeks, I've been averaging 3.4mi/kWh in my Passat (70 plate). This is about 60% hilly country road miles, 40% city miles, probably 8-12C outside temperatures most of the time. There was one day where it was 16C and I got 3.8mi/kWh on the same journey. In the dead of winter (sub zero), I was getting maybe 2.3mi/kWh. So with my 10kWh usable of the 13kWh battery, that puts me in a weather dependent 23-38 miles for my particular route.

All of this is with the A/C set to 20C, usually with a passenger and/or a boot full of junk, and driving fairly sensibly. I take things leisurely, change speed smoothly, but generally drive at the speed limit - basically I'm faster than the average Prius but BMWs and Audis still hate me.

· Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
For the last couple of weeks, I've been averaging 3.4mi/kWh in my Passat (70 plate). This is about 60% hilly country road miles, 40% city miles, probably 8-12C outside temperatures most of the time. There was one day where it was 16C and I got 3.8mi/kWh on the same journey. In the dead of winter (sub zero), I was getting maybe 2.3mi/kWh. So with my 10kWh usable of the 13kWh battery, that puts me in a weather dependent 23-38 miles for my particular route.
Yesterday, I managed a new personal best on this journey.... 4.2mi/kWh :oops:

I feel like I should get a medal or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.