Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A month or so ago, my MMI "rebooted" whilst I was driving - inasmuch as the display retracted and then popped up again and then went throught the "normal" startup sequence. Otherwise the car kept going (which was reassuring). Have any of you had this happen and if so did you find out why it had occurred? I will ask next time I get in touch with my dealer but all I'll probably get is that there's nothing in the logs and no evidence of a malfunction...

Kind regards, Stefan

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had this happen a while ago, and it was when I was updating the Navigation Software. Once the update was complete it rebooted.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. I wasn't updating the maps, and in any case I've run out of downloads (despite Audi's empty promise to extend our Audi Connect licences for/to 10 years). I wonder if Audi were doing something naughty like an Over the Air update? I guess not though, as it appears in all other respects we are the forgotten ones. I'm more inclined to think it's a sign of yet another bug/feature...roll on the autonomous Audi (Audionomous?)!

Kind regards, Stefan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts