Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is nothing being done to make this site usable on a mobile?

Not only is there bugger all space to actually read a thread due endless adverts and poor formatting.

Replying to threads is very difficult having to constantly move the tiny screen estate around to see what I’m typing.

And to make matters even worse the pages don’t even render properly with advert artefacts all over the place.

Don’t have this issue with other forums. This iPhone is only a year old an fully up to date.

Attachments

·
The best there is at what I do
10,544 Posts
In another year we will be restricted to 32 characters so they can cram more adverts in(y)

I wish they would get rid of the random in thread adverts, they add nothing to the forum experience, my rule now is to never buy anything that is advertised.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Looking into these issues with ads not formatting correctly, standby for updates.

Jeff M
Lol, I doubt we will be awaiting this update. More likely adding Adblock to our moby's as it works well on the lappy..
This new platform simply gives visual overload compared to the original one that @Paul instigated all those years ago.
I come here to read text, not to have this dreadful format shoved down my throat.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
And that is a moderated answer from a "Super Moderator". Imagine what us mere mortals are thinking! ;)

PS. So much for a faster platform, the smiley above took five seconds to load because there are too many to choose from. This isn't Instagram you know.

EDIT. In another post I mentioned a link to diyelectriccar.com where I haven't been for a while. It is a breath of fresh air and will spend more time there in future.
Site @Admin need to take a look at how a forum should be presented.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
It's much easier to have an ad blocker. You can actually come here to do what you came here to do, ie communicate to other people not see endless stupid adverts.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,544 Posts
I get the need for adverts but creating random posts in the middle of threads is very obtrusive, often I end up reading through the post before realising that it is an advert, clearly that is what the forum developers want to happen but it has absolutely ruined the forum for me and I don't visit or post so often now, once you start invading threads with adverts people will leave.

·
Super Moderator
7,227 Posts
The drivegreen ad is still showing but just once at the bottom of the page. But honestly the content to garbage ratio is very bad with the new design.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts