Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always leave my mobile number on my dash saying if you want this vehicle moved please call, cant we all do the same, im not clever at all I class my self as a bit thick but it seems such a simple solution to contact the owner.

·
Registered
621 Posts
It would seem obvious but like @jontracey has experienced, not everyone has the same view. Prank calls are a pain in the a** if someone wants to use your number in the wrong way.

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I used to do this but after prank calls decided against it, there is an app that a tesla owner created (supposed to be for superchargers but works everywhere) its simple put a QR code on your dash they scan it with the app and it alerts the owner.

The fact they have to DL an app seems to have stopped any prank calls, leave it on the dash everytime I charge up.

Once we no longer have to display a tax disc I am going to re purpose the holder to put the QR code in

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mate im never worried who calles, quite like a good old wind uo, but as they say only wind up if yiu can take it,

Its just my idea and on a plus note I can and do block numbers that become a nuisance.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i did have lots of friends but now i own a leaf god ive become boring
lol

Ps we should be paid by nissan all the pr we do for their vehicles

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
well i did have lots of friends but now i own a leaf god ive become boring
lol

Ps we should be paid by nissan all the pr we do for their vehicles
My kids keep reminding me that I'm a lost cause too...

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Up north. In north Yorkshire!

·
1,546 Posts
I almost always use the EV Card from pluginamerica.org linked with a Google Voice number. Not sure if a similar service is offered for the UK market, or other markets for that matter.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good morning one and all, I hear what you're all saying but I just wished any car charging had there number on the dash, as I could just call them and they can call me it just seems so simple

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
Contacting the owner of the current charging car when someone puts their car to the reader is something the charge point should do ! It should tell the waiting person how long the current charge has to go and that the current charging person has been notified that someone is waiting...

·
1,546 Posts
Contacting the owner of the current charging car when someone puts their car to the reader is something the charge point should do ! It should tell the waiting person how long the current charge has to go and that the current charging person has been notified that someone is waiting...
Agree that with Intelligent, Networked locations. However, there are plenty of stations that are not networked and don't have the additional intelligence. That's where something as simple as a sign that has a contact number becomes "good" etiquette.

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
Agree that with Intelligent, Networked locations. However, there are plenty of stations that are not networked and don't have the additional intelligence. That's where something as simple as a sign that has a contact number becomes "good" etiquette.
I indeed had the 'Rapid' chargers in mind of the ecotricity variety at least. Those are the ones that can potentially serve the most customers in any given timeframe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts