Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what types of phone mounts people are using in their Konas?

Has anyone found anything they are particularly happy with - especially if it isn’t a vent mount, which I’m not overly keen on.

Obviously, many might not be using one at all and just using CarPlay / AA with the phone placed in the centre console.

I have an iPhone 12, so ideally the mount would be MagSafe compatible (with or without wireless charging).

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
The Kona is the first car since I've had a mobile phone that I haven't felt a need for a mount, I just keep my phone on the charger. However, if I did buy a phone mount it would be a Brodit one, at least for the half that fits on the car.

Sadly it is vent mounted, but you can be sure with Brodit it is rock solid.

And MagSafe compatible, whatever that means:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
+1 for Brodit mounts. I haven't bothered for the GTE but for my previous 3 cars I used them - they fit neatly and hold the phone securely. Worth paying the extra over cheaper mounts IMO.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - Brodit was my first port of call when looking for a mount - I had 2 side-by-side in the i3 which I adapted to use magnetically and they were great - but unfortunately the Kona one seem to basically be an expensive vent mount which I’m not keen on for various reasons, if avoidable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts