Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any recommendations for leasing companies for the 2021 Model 3? I'm keen to take the plunge and go full EV, but haven't leased before, so not sure where to start.

I've had a search around in the forum but can't find any recent recommendations.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You could try Tesla's own Personal Contract Hire offer, its not bad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone got any recommendations for leasing companies for the 2021 Model 3? I'm keen to take the plunge and go full EV, but haven't leased before, so not sure where to start.

I've had a search around in the forum but can't find any recent recommendations.

Thanks
I used Carleaseuk.com. At the time (December) they turned out about £20 a month cheaper than anyone else I could find for my M3P. They seem to do quite a lot of Tesla’s so they are au fait with the “quirks” of the wait and delivery process All went through very smoothly. I dealt with a guy called Mike Crompton who knew his stuff.
PS you won’t regret going Tesla, I promise!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks. I’m still wavering between PCH and PCP. Good to have something at the end of 48 months, but no idea what kind of value a 4 year old Model 3 with 40k on the clock would have, given how fast EV’s evolve

·
Registered
399 Posts
I did my quote, 21 days before. 2 days before it expired i knew I was going to be picking my car up because the finance paper came through with the registration. I called up direct line to explain that I had been waiting for a collection date and they gave me the price for the 21 day quote. Didn't even argue! Said the understood 👍

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
...given how fast EV’s evolve.
These are the critical words. The EV you look at in 3 to 4 years time will be very different to ones now. So, I'd forget risking what the s/h value will be.

Just plan on handing it back and ordering new.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carlease.co.uk seem to offer the best value at the moment from what I've found so far. One other question which some of you may be able to answer, other than cost, is there much difference between leasing from a 3rd party leasing company or direct from Tesla, other than maybe having to wait a little longer for delivery and Tesla being more expensive? Any difference in access to service centres/customer care?

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
[Snip]
Any difference in access to service centres/customer care?
My M3 is leased through Leaseplan. Owing to some enlightened youth kicking my wing mirror off, I rang round for repairs. Tesla came in cheapest and replaced it at my address. Though it was still an eye watering £800 it was still £700 cheaper than next best quote. I was very happy with the Tesla service and communication, albeit by text and through the App.
If you want a giggle.
The bike had no plates, so yet to catch the bugger.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Someone riding a bike with no plates on the public highway, performs an act of criminal damage, and you question the actions of the guy in the car after having his wing mirror kicked off. Right.
Irrespective of whether the rider had plates on his bike, or not, being on two wheels is far more vulnerable than being encased in a steel box. People dont "lose their shit" over nothing, so the question still stands, what did the driver do to annoy him so much?
I cycle and ride motorbikes literally everyday and the deteriation in car driving standards is noticeable especially in cars laden with tech, supposedly making the vehicles safer for the occupants. All that tech doesn't do much for the other vulnerable road users outside of the box.
It was just a general observation, but elicited exactly the kind of response I expected from you, where the car driver thinks that everything revolves around them as they smugly drive down the road without a care in the world for anyone else.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Irrespective of whether the rider had plates on his bike, or not, being on two wheels is far more vulnerable than being encased in a steel box. People dont "lose their shit" over nothing, so the question still stands, what did the driver do to annoy him so much?
I cycle and ride motorbikes literally everyday and the deteriation in car driving standards is noticeable especially in cars laden with tech, supposedly making the vehicles safer for the occupants. All that tech doesn't do much for the other vulnerable road users outside of the box.
It was just a general observation, but elicited exactly the kind of response I expected from you, where the car driver thinks that everything revolves around them as they smugly drive down the road without a care in the world for anyone else.
Or what did the Rider do first? only the videos will show it if they were recorded/saved.

·
Registered
58 Posts
... what did the driver do to annoy him so much?
From a third parties dash cam it would appear he tried to ride between me and the van, couldn't get through lost his balance and took umbrage.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
From a third parties dash cam it would appear he tried to ride between me and the van, couldn't get through lost his balance and took umbrage.
I'd most certainly be handing all video evidence to the local police at the max resolution possible as that could have easily gone the other way and is why squeezing between vehicles even in stationary traffic is not a permitted manoeuvre

·
Registered
58 Posts
It was all passed to the police and filed in under 24 hours. Their upload site allows 100Mb of data in files not larger than 25mb. Each camera had 10 minutes of footage in one minute chunks of 39Mb. I gave them the four best files after squashing them to 25mb, but without a VRM - end of.
For my sake I am glad he got away. I check my watch and my heart rate went from 52 to 100 in seconds :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts