Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
EGGY
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a look at the above in the phone app (not considering it) and noticed it now claims to increase performance from 4.2 to 3.7 as opposed to 4.5 to 4.0.

Best I check for a standard OTA update to see if they have popped a performance increase down

·
Premium Member
11,462 Posts
Oh yeah, just spotted that. Implies that we are already at 4.2 in latest version?
Although Motor Trend achieved 4.0 a while ago..

·
Registered
M3 LR+ AWD white/19" alloys/tow hook.
86 Posts
US owners have been able to consistently measure the LR+ (boost) at 0-60 3.4-3.5 sec using 1' rollout (same as the Performance model is rated by Tesla) & ~3.7-3.8 sec from a standing start ever since the last 5% bump.

So the consensus is that Tesla are just readjusting their quoted figures to what we are already getting (I purchased the acceleration boost in May & from ~30mph upwards its almost identical to the P but about 0.3 sec slower from 0-30)

·
Registered
22 Posts
So the consensus is that Tesla are just readjusting their quoted figures to what we are already getting (I purchased the acceleration boost in May & from ~30mph upwards its almost identical to the P but about 0.3 sec slower from 0-30)
Does that mean paying £1800 (is that the current price?) won't actually get an increase in performance, or does it just "feel" quicker in the upper 30mph to 60?

It's something I'm considering, but if it makes no difference, what's the point? Also, I'm guessing it would be an insurance declarable "mod" too?

·
Registered
M3 LR+ AWD white/19" alloys/tow hook.
86 Posts
No, I meant that those of us who have already paid for the acceleration boost would have been upgraded to 3.7, not 3.9 which was what was advertised at the time. The boost has a very noticeable G force kick above about 20-30 mph.
As for insurance, I informed Direct Line & they put a note on my policy, no increase in premium

·
Registered
673 Posts
Churchill also just notes the Acceleration boost on your account, with no increase in premium or excess.
Ps, haven’t bought AB, just considered it; given how quick an LR can be factory standard, hard to justify.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts